Best Cat Bed For A Small Kitten.

motylek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

We just adopted a 2 month old kitten, shes in our bedroom because we are also trying to introduce her to our almost 2 year old cat. She has a hooded bed in there and we put her carrier in there since thats what we brought her in, and she seems to sleep in it. i want to get her a bed but i am looking for one thats gonna be small so she can be comfortable and warm in it.

And ideas which one i can get her ?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any of the regular cat beds in the smallest size should be fine. It will be too big for her now, but she will grow into it. Cats like to curl up with their backs against something, and any of the beds will be fine for that. You could also take the carrier out and let her sleep in the hooded bed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

motylek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Any of the regular cat beds in the smallest size should be fine. It will be too big for her now, but she will grow into it. Cats like to curl up with their backs against something, and any of the beds will be fine for that. You could also take the carrier out and let her sleep in the hooded bed.
yeah i looked online and everything seems so big because shes so tiny. i don’t know my fiancé but the carrier in the bedroom after our cat smelled it since the bed that was there our cat used sometimes so he wanted her to have something with her scent on it. and she seems to sleep in it. it has a fuzzy pad and i put a blanket it in for more comfort. but i guess we gonna take it out so she can use the hooded bed and hopefully gonna find something for her tomorrow.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Along with getting a cat bed, it's honestly not a bad idea to keep the carrier out for her to use. That way she will associate it with being comfy and cozy and future trips to the vet hopefully won't be as stressful.
Our carrier is solid plastic, so we just take the door completely off and put a pillow and soft blanket in there for any of the cats to use if they want to. Now if it's vet time they don't go running when they see it like our other ones used to before we started keeping it out for sleeping in. We also move it around the house every once in a while, so they are used to seeing us moving/carrying it. And when I move it to a new location, I'll throw treats in it for them to find/sniff out to entice them to investigate.

motylek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My little girl loves her extra large cat bed. It looks ridiculous when she's in it but she also has plenty of space to move around in.

View attachment 273934
ohh I saw that one online, she actually started to sleep in the hooded bed. when we went to the bedroom she was asleep on the laundry hamper, but my fiancé moved her to the bed and she has been sleeping there.

motylek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Along with getting a cat bed, it's honestly not a bad idea to keep the carrier out for her to use. That way she will associate it with being comfy and cozy and future trips to the vet hopefully won't be as stressful.
Our carrier is solid plastic, so we just take the door completely off and put a pillow and soft blanket in there for any of the cats to use if they want to. Now if it's vet time they don't go running when they see it like our other ones used to before we started keeping it out for sleeping in. We also move it around the house every once in a while, so they are used to seeing us moving/carrying it. And when I move it to a new location, I'll throw treats in it for them to find/sniff out to entice them to investigate.
oh that is good idea, but so far none of our cats have a problem with the carrier. our older cat will go in once you put treats there :)