Best but affordable wet food for kittens?

BoaztheAdventureCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,

I have a 2 month old kitten. I free-feed her Science Diet dry food for kittens. My vet recommended Purina, Science Diet, and Royal Canin for wet food. I have her currently on Purina Pro Plan Classic for kittens. I give her the chicken and liver flavor, one 3oz can a day, divided into 3-4 meals. I feel like I'm not giving her the most nutritious food, especially for how much I pay for it: $36 for 24 3oz cans.

I was thinking of switching to Purina One: chicken and salmon, but I'm wary of feeding her salmon every day, but it looks better nutritionally and ranked higher on CatFoodDB. It's cheaper too. I want to go by my vet's suggestions, but I would like something that doesn't break the bank either.

Is it worth it to switch (my kitten loves the stuff)? What do you feed your kittens? If I were to switch, do I slowly transition her wet food, like you would with dry?
I recommend a human-grade raw or canned diet. These are the most expensive ways to feed your cat, and my family and I have to work longer and harder to afford to feed our cats the best, but it is SO worth it!

I recommend the brands Tiki Cat, Nature's Logic, and Raw Dog Food Co. (still searching for good human-grade raw brands).