Best blanket material that cats won't destroy?

BlueRaccoon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats like to sleep on our spare bed. I'm trying to figure out what type of blanket would be the best. I have some fuzzy ones, but they like to knead them and the hair sticks to them bad. Do you think a quilt would be good? Or do you know of any other good options?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd probably just look for something from the goodwill or a yard sale that is big enough. Go for a low price that they can destroy and doesn't have loose string or material that they might accidentally eat. I tend to just use a plain duvet cover over my big blanket so its easier to wash and don't have to worry about them accidentally investing anything. The cushy is more important then soft with cats, at least with my crew it seems to be.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anything washable will work. Just remove before you have overnight guests. Might be a good idea to put fresh sheets and a blanket/comforter on the bed too for the guests.

I have one of these blankets that partially covers my bed: Big Sky Blanket® | West Paw, Inc.

Orvis has similar blankets: Orvis.com Mobile Site

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have cheap fleece blankets on our couch from Walmart. They are under $5 and wash nicely. It does leave fur in the washer though. I made the mistake of washing my bras after those without wiping the tub down a few months ago. :paperbag::lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I put a flannel flat sheet over the comforter since our cat likes the texture and I can throw it in the wash easily.