Bengal/tabby Mix???

Nuha85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
84A374EE-959F-4BD6-B955-72DA96DCF28C.jpeg
Hello ! You all have such beautiful kitty’s! I’ve been wondering the same for a while and wasn’t sure. Haku is a rescue cat so don’t think one of the parents would have been a Bengal. But I do see some traits in him. He will be 10months soon.

Attachments

Nuha85

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View attachment 241737 Hello ! You all have such beautiful kitty’s! I’ve been wondering the same for a while and wasn’t sure. Haku is a rescue cat so don’t think one of the parents would have been a Bengal. But I do see some traits in him. He will be 10months soon.
Was trying to find one of him stretching out - he loves sleeping like this

Attachments

Mariah1471

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat looks so much like the original poster I legit thought it was mine! My cat is evil though very wild in nature she’s also obsessed w water and will come in shower go in toilet everywhere she can find water she also likes to be very high up in places

Attachments

Hayleeeemma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Baby looks almost exactly the same and has the same traits at 3 yrs old!! He also has theeee weirdest meow I've ever heard wish I had an answer but just wanted to point out that our cats are twins lol

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Im not sure you got an answer. One of the photos is from above and there he really does has spots. Real counting spots, as spots on tummy are common in tabbies. So he is domestic and spotted tabby. No likeliness to a bengal even if there ARE some few commonly spotted bengals.

Very nice cat!
View attachment 241737 Hello ! You all have such beautiful kitty’s! I’ve been wondering the same for a while and wasn’t sure. Haku is a rescue cat so don’t think one of the parents would have been a Bengal. But I do see some traits in him. He will be 10months soon.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My cat Baby looks almost exactly the same and has the same traits at 3 yrs old!! He also has theeee weirdest meow I've ever heard wish I had an answer but just wanted to point out that our cats are twins lol
Pics are always welcome and if you want to show what type of tabby it is a good side view is a must.

KenJ45

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey, I am going to also hijack this thread because the kitten I adopted a few months back looks very similar to OP's. Key differences are that Rosalita is more of a brown color than gray, and her tail is significantly longer than most normal cat's tails. Also looking closely at her fur, it's not thin and puffy, but the strands are thicker, straight, and all multicolored. Anyway, here are some pics, she is hard to photograph because she just wants to come up and play when I try to take her photo, lol.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Domestic shorthair tabby. Traits/behavior/personality really don't make much difference as any breed can have a huge variety them. So much depends on their upbringing and environment and socialization.

Most cats in the world are of no particular breed ancestry at all, not even mixes. Cats cannot be Bengal/tabby mixes because "tabby" is nothing more than a very common coat pattern present in many different breeds. Black cats are not Bombay. Gray cats are not Russian Blues. Color pointed aren't automatically Siamese. It just doesn't work that way with cats.

KenJ45

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok, the discussion about the nomenclature and tabby has been discussed. I think the point of this thread wasn't because OP was wondering if his/her cat was part "tabby" but the bengal part is what was important to OP. So let's just pretend the title is "Is my cat part Bengal?"

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then the answer is no. And also the OP last posted over 2 years ago so at this point I really don't think it matters anyway.

KenJ45

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! I'm going to see if abyeb and StefanZ are still active staff members of this site and if they could answer the question as well. Not saying that you don't know what you're talking about, but they seem pretty knowledgeable on the topic and I would like as many opinions as I am able to get. :-)

• Purraise
Reactions: jen

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are. I have only been an active member since 2001 but what do I know hehehe jk jk jk!! Sorry I couldn't resist :p:p:p It is always good to get other opinions, I totally agree. I do my best to only state fact. Cats are not like dogs as far as breed goes. They are just simply not any breed at all in most cases.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Rosalita is a nice tabby. Having so much brown in her, almost rosy shine in places, she will be described as a brown tabby, no chance of being a grey (blue) tabby.
Domestic short hair, brown broken mackerel tabby.

As pretty and nice as they go. :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Rosalita is a nice tabby. Having so much brown in her, almost rosy shine in places, she will be described as a brown tabby, no chance of being a grey (blue) tabby.
Domestic short hair, brown broken mackerel tabby.

As pretty and nice as they go. :)

KenJ45

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cool thanks! She looks so similar to OP's kitty I had to ask. Her long tail is also something I've never seen from all of the other domestic shorthairs I have fostered, owned, or encountered from friendss cats. I still wonder why she developed that. But either way it's cute. She's still small, only a few months old and that tail is already a good 20% or more longer than what I'm used to from adult cats, lol. Thanks for your inputs.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
K KenJ45 I would also describe your cat as a brown tabby domestic shorthair. She's a beautiful girl!

It's common for mackerel tabby cats to have their stripes broken up into spots like that, so you can call her pattern either "mackerel" or "broken mackerel." Her tail appears to be normal in length for a young cat; she might grow into her tail as she gets older, or she may still have a relatively long tail as an adult. There is lots of variety in the domestic cat gene pool, and you will see lots of color patterns, body shapes, and tail lengths. Most cats are not any particular breed, and are not mixes of breeds.