Bengal or not?

Jackmcbob

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, do y’all think she is Bengal or not, obviously I know with ancestors and registration she is DSH, so I don’t need to be getting told thatbut it terms of look alike. We were told by the vet she looks like a Bengal and I’ve seen bengals before and she’s very similar her patterns are rather smaller but she is a very small cat for a Bangal. She’s 14 months old. Any advice on her look a like would be great.
72457876-3FB8-48C2-BD26-1F49412B5622.jpeg

8D7A9AAB-1330-41A5-8E1C-2B7801774AA6.jpeg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, with her spot pattern and coloring, I agree she looks very much like a Bengal. She might not be purebred, but I expect that she probably does have Bengal ancestry. She's beautiful!

Not all Bengals are large cats, and the females are smaller than the males. I've seen some small female Bengals at shows.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jackmcbob

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay thank you very much, I was unsure because I always assumed they were larger she very small. I thought her patterns were right but normally they have larger circles with lighter inside. Interesting to learn new things, thanks again

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Definitely a Bengal, possibly a mix but I would think maybe just more from a byb type than one that was concerned about pattern quality. She looks a bit skinny but maybe just the angle, they are lean kitties! The wildcat used to make Bengals are quite small, sometimes people confuse them with Savannahs which tend to be larger cats and some breeders try to produce big cats but it's totally normal for them to be smaller. My girl is about 7.5 pounds now but was closer to 5-6# at that age.

Jackmcbob

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay thanks, yes she is very skinny. The guy I adopted her from said she hasn’t grown much lately and doesn’t think she will get any bigger. Maybe he’s not been feeding her properly as of late he said he’s rehoming her because he lost hours at work and can’t afford to keep her. So don’t worry I’ll be sure to feed her up well lol.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is very thin. make sure she gets good quality food and lots of exercise and play time..Bengals need lots of exercise as much as they need good quality food.
Bengals also mature a bit later than most breeds so might do a catch up size wise later on.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with the others. If she is purebred may be discussed; I wouldnt bet any money on this, but she simply MUST have an Ancestor. Otherwise, it will be unfair!
This is also a good explanation why her spots, although visibly bengal influenced, arent the typical bengal rosettes.

Re feeding; you know surely what to give. My standing tip is, if she is OK with goats milk, do give her goats milk. Excellent nourishment.
Most healthy adult cats dont need no milk, not even goats milk. But if you want to build them up a little extra, this is into the arsenale of tricks. :)

some nice vitamine paste wouldnt hurt either.

Jackmcbob

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, yes I know she is awfully thin, poor girl. I have lots of wet canned food and she has dry food available to her at all times. She’s only been with me for 2 days she’s still settling in and trying to get used to my other cats. I’ll definitely give goats milk a go not heard that before. I was worried she maybe had worms or something so I got her all her shots and dewormer at the vets. I haven’t noticed any works yet so she is probably just malnourished

Hoslund0821

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, do y’all think she is Bengal or not, obviously I know with ancestors and registration she is DSH, so I don’t need to be getting told thatbut it terms of look alike. We were told by the vet she looks like a Bengal and I’ve seen bengals before and she’s very similar her patterns are rather smaller but she is a very small cat for a Bangal. She’s 14 months old. Any advice on her look a like would be great.
View attachment 354028
View attachment 354029
Absolutely a bengal.