Bengal kittens not eating

scarlettefrancois

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey y’all! I adopted two 6 month brothers this past Friday. The first day they ate, drank & everything seemed fine. Now (Tuesday night) theyre going on 3 days of not eating. They’re still playing and they seem comfortable with us but we’re really lost on what to do. All vet ERs around us are booked any advice would be appreciated

ElevenFurbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey y’all! I adopted two 6 month brothers this past Friday. The first day they ate, drank & everything seemed fine. Now (Tuesday night) theyre going on 3 days of not eating. They’re still playing and they seem comfortable with us but we’re really lost on what to do. All vet ERs around us are booked any advice would be appreciated
Pet Ag Milk Replacer Plus powder or ready mixed which I purchase online through Walmart (might find it on store shelf) and is what I use to supplement either served in a bowl or through a syringe if it's the only way to get them to feed for a short period of time.Having just been adopted, it may take the brothers a bit of time to adapt yet as long as they appear well and not in need of a vet's intervention, possibly this would be all that is needed for a couple-few days.Continue to carefully observe as well as frequently pick up and check brothers out for any possible health issue while giving them supplement. I'd get to vet if soon though they don't begin eating again.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Where did you get the kittens from? You may want to call the breeder and ask what vet she uses. Maybe they could see them. 3 days without eating and you are risking them going into liver failure. They need to be seen by a vet ASAP.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If all else fails, get cans of pate style kitten food (no bits or shreds), mix with water until a loose slurry, draw it up into a medicine dropper or syringe, and force-feed them. They are reaching the outer limits of how long they can safely go without eating. To feed them, slip the tip of the dropper/syringe between the lip and the gum, inserting SMALL "bites," and allowing them to swallow between those bites. This will keep them going until you can get them in...

Emergency vets should not be taking bookings at all. If a cat can wait for an appointment, it is generally not an actual emergency. Walk-ins should be available through Emergency Vets.