Bengal female looking for mate

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would contact the breeder you got the female from, assuming you have a breeding contract. They will likely be able to point you in the direction of other breeders with males in your area that will complement the genetic line.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LunaBengal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would contact the breeder you got the female from, assuming you have a breeding contract. They will likely be able to point you in the direction of other breeders with males in your area that will complement the genetic line.
Thanks , unfortunately I have lost her number I can’t find her

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks , unfortunately I have lost her number I can’t find her
That sounds like the breeder isn't legitimate, responsible or reputable. Good breeders will be found easily online/Facebook etc.

You are asking for certification for the male but you can't even provide this for your female?

Do you have a mentor? Is your girl health tested? Suitable for breeding? Do you have the money to possibly pay for a C-section? Afford all the vaccines, food, and all other care necessary?

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Where is your cat registered, CFA, TICA, GCCF, FiFe? Do you have your cat's registration papers with breeding rights? The breeder's name should be on that. Even without a phone number you should be able to track her down by her name.

It could take some time to find an available stud. Bengals and Bengal breeders are still relatively rare. You've said you want pictures and certifications from the other breeder. They are going to want the same from you. If you don't have breeding rights it's highly unlikely you'll find any legitimate breeder who is willing to provide stud services.

What is your kitty's name?

LunaBengal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your kind reply,
YES. I have a certificate for my Bengal.

LunaBengal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That sounds like the breeder isn't legitimate, responsible or reputable. Good breeders will be found easily online/Facebook etc.

You are asking for certification for the male but you can't even provide this for your female?

Do you have a mentor? Is your girl health tested? Suitable for breeding? Do you have the money to possibly pay for a C-section? Afford all the vaccines, food, and all other care necessary?
You said I EVEN can’t provide certificates for my bengal!!! Do u know me or my bengal? How do u know that I don’t have a certificate for my Benga?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LunaBengal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Where is your cat registered, CFA, TICA, GCCF, FiFe? Do you have your cat's registration papers with breeding rights? The breeder's name should be on that. Even without a phone number you should be able to track her down by her name.

It could take some time to find an available stud. Bengals and Bengal breeders are still relatively rare. You've said you want pictures and certifications from the other breeder. They are going to want the same from you. If you don't have breeding rights it's highly unlikely you'll find any legitimate breeder who is willing to provide stud services.

What is your kitty's name?
Her name is Luna, I have 2 bengals, one boy and one girl, both brother and sister. I have certificates for my bengals, they are nearly one year, Luna is having heat, the boy we take care of it before, and because they are brother and sister we didn’t want them to mate that why the boy is taking care of.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The breeder's name should be on the cats' papers. I'm not sure if their contact info is on there too, but with just the name you should be able to find them unless they joined WitSec or something. That really is the best way to do it, because if you aren't familiar with their lines and heritage you could end up breeding in some nasty genetic issues.

LunaBengal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The breeder's name should be on the cats' papers. I'm not sure if their contact info is on there too, but with just the name you should be able to find them unless they joined WitSec or something. That really is the best way to do it, because if you aren't familiar with their lines and heritage you could end up breeding in some nasty genetic issues.
Yes thank you, that’s why I’m seeking advice. I’ll find the breeder that I got my bengals from I have their certificate. Thank you

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
LunaBengal LunaBengal Are you showing your cats, or do you plan to show them when shows get going again? Even if there aren't any other Bengals at the show it's a good way to connect with other breeders.

Does your association have a Mentor program? It's good if a Mentor works with the same breed but it's not necessary. They can still guide you through the process and help you start building your network.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You need to find a mentor. You also need to do genetic testing on your girl as well as ensure the male is tested and is registered. What is your reasoning for breeding? To show or just to sell kittens? Do you know how good the market is? Do you plan on keeping the kittens until 14 weeks old, doing 2 sets of vaccines, micro-chip as well as spaying and neutering them? All good breeders do to prevent the non high quality kittens from breeding. Bengal breeding cats are required to get an echocardiogram every year as heart issues is very common as well so you should find out the costs for that to :)

BengalKai

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I have my female bengal, she is 1 year old ready to mate. Looking for a pure Bengal male to mate with her, pictures and certifications require. 🐯
thank you
hey my bengal male is 2 years old. Looking to mate please contact me if In Los Angeles area . You can sent me a PM.

BengalKai

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I have my female bengal, she is 1 year old ready to mate. Looking for a pure Bengal male to mate with her, pictures and certifications require. 🐯
thank you
hey my bengal male is 2 years old. Looking to mate please contact me if In Los Angeles area . You can send me a PM.

Attachments