Bengal Dilemma

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a beautiful tabby who might have had some Bengal in her. She had what I can only describe as broken stripes, so some from angles they looked like spots although they didn't have the colored center like rosettes. She also had some of that vivid, glowing orange on her that Bengals have.

Bow that Maple spends half the day rolling around on her back I'm anxious for her belly fur to grow back in so I can see how it looks. It always takes forever to grow back once they're shaved.
Yeah, it does take a long time. But it'll happen. :yess:
Our beloved angel Sahra had the vivid, glowing orange underpinnings, as did our sweet angel Tara. They were both brown tabbies. And our sweet angel Sammi, a brown patched tabby Maine Coon, did too.
IMG_1786.JPG

Sammi angel :redheartpump::heartshape:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it does take a long time. But it'll happen. :yess:
Our beloved angel Sahra had the vivid, glowing orange underpinnings, as did our sweet angel Tara. They were both brown tabbies. And our sweet angel Sammi, a brown patched tabby Maine Coon, did too.View attachment 419960
Sammi angel :redheartpump::heartshape:
What a fluffy beauty! She looks like a loveball. Love the tail.

here's my gorgeous Cozy. You can sort of see her "spots". She was a very serious lady.

c1.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a fluffy beauty! She looks like a loveball. Love the tail.

here's my gorgeous Cozy. You can sort of see her "spots". She was a very serious lady.

View attachment 421104
What a beauty!
Yes, Sammi was a very sweet and handsome guy, breathtaking, even. I almost gasped when his carrier was opened. I'd never seen such intense color and he had brown eyes! to match his coat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a beauty!
Yes, Sammi was a very sweet and handsome guy, breathtaking, even. I almost gasped when his carrier was opened. I'd never seen such intense color and he had brown eyes! to match his coat.
They look especially gorgeous when they've got some sunlight on them. And it can be revealing: when my black and white tuxedo was in the sun it showed his black fur had a slight reddish tint to it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look especially gorgeous when they've got some sunlight on them. And it can be revealing: when my black and white tuxedo was in the sun it showed his black fur had a slight reddish tint to it.
Yes. My hair is naturally what I call a rusty black but it turns an ugly red if I am in the sun a lot. And my second cat, Kikko, as well as his namesake, Kikko II (no relation) were both black longhaired cats with strong red undertones. Kikko was the son of a Siamese mother. IDK about Kikko II. Black cats born to Siamese cats are called Black Siamese and all of them, that I know of, have this reddish undertone.