Bengal cat versus tabby

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! I adopted this wonderful girl. And maybe someone can tell me what kind of breed she is similar?
Hello D Dynce and beautiful furbaby, and welcome to TCS! Your girl is definitely a tabby, which is not a "breed" but a description of her beautiful coat pattern, which resembles that of the spotted medium and large cats including bobcats, lynx, cheetahs, leopards, and jaguars. What's her name? She is so pretty. Please tell us her story, and we hope you enjoy it here at TCS! We love pictures, too! :welcomesign:

Dynce

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 !
Her story is sad but with a good ending. People who had her didn’t care much about her. She was so thin that you could see her bones. She had parasites and she looked very sick. So somebody reported about bad animal care and she was taken to the animal shelter. Their site posted a post about her with a request to support her care. When i saw her in that site i fell in love immediately:itslove: so i paid all the expenditures and followed her entire healing history. And of course i adopted her. I drove 500km for her and that day was amazing. She changes my life. I helped her but she helped me more. She helps me cope with my depression and panic attacks. I really love her:hearthrob:
And her name is Maja:redheartpump:
P.S sorry for my bad english it’s my second language so i’m still learning:hellocomputer:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 !
Her story is sad but with a good ending. People who had her didn’t care much about her. She was so thin that you could see her bones. She had parasites and she looked very sick. So somebody reported about bad animal care and she was taken to the animal shelter. Their site posted a post about her with a request to support her care. When i saw her in that site i fell in love immediately:itslove: so i paid all the expenditures and followed her entire healing history. And of course i adopted her. I drove 500km for her and that day was amazing. She changes my life. I helped her but she helped me more. She helps me cope with my depression and panic attacks. I really love her:hearthrob:
And her name is Maja:redheartpump:
P.S sorry for my bad english it’s my second language so i’m still learning:hellocomputer:
Your English is perfect in your post, D Dynce ! MUCH better than any second language I would try to post in, I assure you.
Awww, Maja is a lovely name for such a lovely little princess! I used to buy a fragrance and soap made in Spain called MAJA by Myrurgia, I believe the name was. It was a beautiful fragrance! And of course I know the famous painting.
Cats certainly can and do change the lives of everyone who cares for and loves them. I was born into a home "with cat" and believe living with and loving cats makes people healthier, happier and more caring. Thank you for opening your heart and your home to Maja and we hope you enjoy TCS!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, D Dynce , our TCS friend @white shadow pointed something out that I missed. It lookslike Maja is wearing a buckle collar. Those are fine for dogs but not good for cats, who need to be able to free themselves from collars if they get tangled on something while climbing. Hopefully where you are, they sell safety, breakaway, cat-specific collars and you can get one for Maja. Kittens, especially, need to have these. You can also look into microchipping her -- the vet inserts a rice-grain-size chip right under her skin that can be scanned by vets if she becomes lost and is found and brought in to a vet clinic. Then they can contact you to let you know she is found. It's always best to keep cats indoors only, but a cat can escape sometimes.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some pics. Do any of you think these might be marbled tabby bengals? My neighbors tom Bengal ran the neighborhood for a while and she turned up. View attachment 269522 View attachment 269523 View attachment 269524 View attachment 269525
Hello Sparkey Sparkey and family and welcome to TCS! Well, it's hard to say and personally, I'm not into "purebred" so can't shed much light there but if a Bengal was out and there were unspayed female cats out, it's possible. Hoping everyone gets their cats spayed/neutered A/O! For all the obvious reasons.

Ninipow13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow he is gorgeous and her coat looks so thick and shiny. May I ask what you feed him?

Sparkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you.
I make my own food and bathe them using a mixture of tee tree oil and rosemary. But they have an exceptional natural glitter to their coat which is amazing. When our Black kitten sits in the window and the sun catches his whiskers, they are every color in the rainbow which I have not seen in other cats before?
I have to admit that I have been hybridizing for many years and These kittens are interesting I'm very excited to see what the next kittens will look like. I also study DNA and conduct genetic research. That is the reason that these kitten are free. They are very beautiful and not yet considered a purebred. We live close to Wyoming and have a lot of open land with a lot of wild animals. That is what inspired my interest; many people here do that.

Sparkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow he is gorgeous and her coat looks so thick and shiny. May I ask what you feed him?
Thank you.
I make my own food and bathe them using a mixture of tee tree oil and rosemary. But they have an exceptional natural glitter to their coat which is amazing. When our Black kitten sits in the window and the sun catches his whiskers, they are every color in the rainbow which I have not seen in other cats before?
I have to admit that I have been hybridizing for many years and These kittens are interesting I'm very excited to see what the next kittens will look like. I also study DNA and conduct genetic research. That is the reason that these kitten are free. They are very beautiful and not yet considered a purebred. We live close to Wyoming and have a lot of open land with a lot of wild animals. That is what inspired my interest; many people here do that.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went through most of this thread and didn't see one cat that looks like a pure Bengal. Just because it has unique spots and chirps and is very active, means nothing to its breed. If personality meant anything, my 16 year old black cat would be a "Bengal mix" too lol.

Tabby is a coat color not a breed so a cat isn't a Bengal tabby cross. The cats in this thread are tabbies with cool personalities and coat patterns and not likely much more. All GORGEOUS btw, especially that lynx point one wow!

Stannywanny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my beautiful tabby rescue cat he has just turned 1. I wanted a silver tabby and his coat is quite grey on his body but around his face and chest it's like a beigey/tawny colour he has a spotty belly
20200407_215059.jpg
very long hind legs and white socks I think he is a mackerel tabby but would be interested in opinions over colouring

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is my beautiful tabby rescue cat he has just turned 1. I wanted a silver tabby and his coat is quite grey on his body but around his face and chest it's like a beigey/tawny colour he has a spotty belly View attachment 329131very long hind legs and white socks I think he is a mackerel tabby but would be interested in opinions over colouring
Welcome to TCS! He's adorable! Grey/brown tabby with white, and not a complete mackerel, because his stripes are almost like spots. Very unusual pattern, and very handsome!

Stannywanny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! He's adorable! Grey/brown tabby with white, and not a complete mackerel, because his stripes are almost like spots. Very unusual pattern, and very handsome!
You're right he is adorable and yes somebody has already said he's like a broken mackerel tabby I didnt know that was possible but makes sense because at one point I actually thought he could be a spotted tabby. His coat is lovely though to think he was born to a feral mum in a back yard. He's come a long way and I simply adore him

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're right he is adorable and yes somebody has already said he's like a broken mackerel tabby I didnt know that was possible but makes sense because at one point I actually thought he could be a spotted tabby. His coat is lovely though to think he was born to a feral mum in a back yard. He's come a long way and I simply adore him
*And THAT is what TRULY matters.*

lynnfussner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I might have same thing mix situation going on. Not sure. My kitty has fancy fur. I think he feels like rabbit fur. He doesn't shed much. He follows me around and tells me what he wants. I adopted for free some lady who didn't want him. He has so much energy. If her story is right, he will b a year old next month. He does have 2 while stripes across his tummy and back feet are white. Front feet have tiny bit of white. Tiny head compared to the rest of him. He's a big boy too.
20230719_211642.jpg
20230719_211642.jpg
20230708_155032.jpg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So I might have same thing mix situation going on. Not sure. My kitty has fancy fur. I think he feels like rabbit fur. He doesn't shed much. He follows me around and tells me what he wants. I adopted for free some lady who didn't want him. He has so much energy. If her story is right, he will b a year old next month. He does have 2 while stripes across his tummy and back feet are white. Front feet have tiny bit of white. Tiny head compared to the rest of him. He's a big boy too. View attachment 454990View attachment 454990View attachment 454991
Yours seems to be a classic tabby with white. Very pretty!