bengal cat has brown spots outside of ears not itching at all and has had mite treatment

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure that's just pigmentation/"freckles". Tabbies often have pigmentation around their ears and noses, and many cats develop freckles throughout their lives.

Although the redder area kind of looks like a scab. Is it rough, have you ever seen blood? Does she scratch her ears? Does it come off if you wipe it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bones1123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
no it does not come off. there is thinning of the hair near the ears and he about 1.5 years old. we do have 2 pellets stoves running. not sure if that would contribute to the thinning

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

bones1123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
no itching or scratching no scabs . pigment could always have been there just never saw will there was fur there

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Just now saw this post. Most cats don't have a lot of hair right in front of their ears to begin with. But, are you saying you know it is thinning? Not sure if you are thinking somehow he gets too close to the pellet stoves and is singeing the area? If so, I would think there would be thinning in other areas of his face as well. But, to be on the safe side, can you use something like a grate that goes in front of a fireplace to keep the cat a bit farther away from the direct heat? Do you have a vet that would accept pics that you might send to them and just ask what they make of it?

Madmuj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there! I see it is an old post, but maybe you read this. What happened to your cat? We have the same problem, only one ear had infection, my bengal has got treatment, and now outside of that one ear the freakles turned very dark and bigger, like on your picture. Vet is closed for two weaks, I will ask them, but I am worried. It wasn't skin cancer, right?