Bella had three babies!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rebeccagiardina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Little kitten is down to 295g today. I am seeing her eating almost hourly. I mixed KMR into the wet food today also. I will try the syringe. They haven’t seen the vet yet but this week she will. We will be scheduling moms spay at the appointment.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello all!
Bella had her three kittens on June 22nd and some will remember we ended up syringe feeding the smallest due to weight loss. Her name was Alice and we fed her around the clock. She was very playful and when we had to travel out of state we had a rescue take over her care. Sadly, Alice’s kidneys were bad and she was rushed to a very, and after rapid weight loss, we came home early but we’re a day too late and Alice passed. We buried her at home and will be getting her paw prints on the mantle with our former dog.

That said, the other kittens are great, however, one kitten is TINY. They are both on solid food and still nursing (will be 6 weeksTuesday) the small kitten is only 312g and visible about half the size of the other kitten. She is very playful!
Neither kitten will use a litter tray. I have kitten attract powder and the adult cats keep using the small tray but the kittens will go elsewhere.
Should I be concerned about such a small weight? I am making sure wet food and KMR are out for them.

I’ve added the last photos of Alice (who was a pro in the litter tray until the last 3 days.)
So sorry to hear this. She is an absolute doll.

Rebeccagiardina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How much is she eating? A nibble? Half the dish full?
She is eating a few nibbles frequently.
I tried offering a bottle but she wouldn’t latch so Iused the syringe and she would lap the milk up. She’s at 328g as of last feeding so I’m wondering if she is just not getting enough food.

Rebeccagiardina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How much / how often do you actually SEE the tiny kitten eat?

Maybe try a syringe or bottle to get formula into her. Also try Gerber chicken or turkey meat baby food. It’s lots of protein, easy to lap, and easy to digest. Has she even cut her baby teeth?

She sounds normal, but may need supplementing to grow faster. At 312 grams she’s just barely the size of a 3-week old.

I’m so sorry about Alice. RIP :angel: :rbheart:

Do you have an appointment set to spay mom in a couple of weeks?

As far as litter training, I’m not surprised about the tiny kitten, and even the other one needs time and putting in the litter box several times a day, before and after meals. Take a paw and show this kitten how to dig, and put one of its poops in the box and let it smell it.

Keep us posted! R Rebeccagiardina
she has lots of sharp little teeth!