Belated Memorial To Spice

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just realised that I have never posted about the loss of my girl last year, so I'm very late. I still do miss her every day although I have three more horrors to love.

Wildside Touch of Exotic Spice (just known as Spice) was a female Bengal. Over the summer last year she lost weight but it was so very hot, I hoped her appetite had dropped due to the heat. I booked her for a check up at 9.30 on 14th July 2018 and at 1.30 she was put to sleep in my arms.

On doing blood tests the vet found she was in severe renal failure, bad enough that they told me it could not be treated (there hadn't been any signs that I could see). On top of that, they had also discovered a mass in her abdomen. My only choice was to say goodbye. It was so very sudden, and I was shell-shocked.

The photo where she is by the radiator was taken 2 days before she crossed the Rainbow Bridge. :(

She was 12 years old. A belated goodbye to my beautiful friend.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She was a character. You could guarantee that if you were on the phone she would be yelling away at the top of her lungs - until the second you hung up and then she would go quiet :) she would also greet me every day at the top of the stairs when I got home from work and tell me about her day lol. And she just had the most stunning bright green eyes.

She thrived amazingly well as an only cat - previously had 3 male Bengals along with her - but sadly all three boys passed away over about a 14 month period from different cancers (different breeders as well). They were all around 11-12 years old and all died around 6 weeks after diagnosis despite treatment :( :(

To then be told at the end that Spicesalso had an abdominal mass along with the renal issue was too much. Although I love the breed I would never ever have another Bengal.

The horrors I have now are three black moggies! :bigeyes:

RIP Spice, Naboo, Talus and Fireblade :sniffle::sniffle:

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Spice was a grand little lady, that didn't have a long enough time with you on this old planet. Without a doubt she left her tiny pawprints all over your heart, and they will remain there until time is no more.

When it comes time to end a pets life, it is a terribly difficult decision to make, however it's something that most every person on this forum has had to do at some time or another. We have an idea of what you had to go through at that time. Usually, if not always, is the ONLY "humane" choice we can make. You are a brave, beautiful, and caring human to love Spice so much that you could make this most difficult of decisions for her, on such notice.

I hope you and your three little "horrors" have many long, healthy, happy years together.

God bless you all.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry that you lost your little friends, too many losses for you over the years! But they are all fine now, just fine, and you will see them all again one day and it will be wonderful!

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She lives on through you now, and is at peace knowing you are opening your heart to three more precious little souls. To spread her legacy of love and to allow it to grow and bloom is a great honor. It shows she taught you about love and you loved her enough to want love to continue.
'Death cannot take that which never dies', the love you have for each other is spiritual, so eternal. She will be forever as close as your thoughts and prayers. She shared your life's journey for a little while, and though she now follows another path, it will always parallel your own.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, please take comfort in knowing she is at peace and has a tiny piece of your heart to bring comfort to her own heart. She left behind a piece of her own. Please give those three a kiss from me, and know I will pray for a long and satisfying life for them all, take care.......RIP beautiful Spice. You will be dearly missed, you will forever have a place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
if you were on the phone she would be yelling away at the top of her lungs - until the second you hung up and then she would go quiet :)
I can imagine her doing this to you, and remembering it is bittersweet, I am sure.

she would also greet me every day at the top of the stairs when I got home from work and tell me about her day lol.
I am so sorry you lost her. Your house must have been all so suddenly and painfully quiet when she passed. Just thinking of your grief also makes me cry for you.

Hang in there. She will carry your love for her until eternity.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Spice (and your "brothers"), dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Sometimes it just takes awhile before we want to talk about a loss. It sounds as if Spice was, and is, and always will be, a remarkable cat. I have a suspicion that you know this already, but her love for you, now purified and translated into Love, is with you always. Love abides.