Behind ear and toe tufts

LittleLilly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my sweet kitty Lilly. She is almost
11 months old. Over the last few months she has really developed tufts of fur behind her ears and between her toes. I adopted her in January or February. I did get to see her mother which she looks nothing like. She was a shorter haired tabby. Her adopting papers said Siamese. The vet said she is definitely Siamese even though she has color point. I would agree. Any ideas on where the behind ear tufts and toe tufts come from or possible breed? She is very smart and loves to play fetch. Thanks!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You say she does have points? Are her eyes blue at 11 months? There are many breeds that have the ear tufts and toe hair, Siberian, Maine Coon, and Norwegian Forest Cat. It is really impossible to know without a genetic test being done, which is getting more and more affordable. M sister had it done on her dog. Your kitty would be known as a DSH or domestic short hair, unless the tail us bushy and she has longer hair, then she would be a DLH or domestic long hair.
I see the pictures now, she is absolutely gorgeous! I would think she has some Himalayan or Balinese colorpoint in her background somewhere!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LittleLilly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You say she does have points? Are her eyes blue at 11 months? There are many breeds that have the ear tufts and toe hair, Siberian, Maine Coon, and Norwegian Forest Cat. It is really impossible to know without a genetic test being done, which is getting more and more affordable. M sister had it done on her dog. Your kitty would be known as a DSH or domestic short hair, unless the tail us bushy and she has longer hair, then she would be a DLH or domestic long hair.
I see the pictures now, she is absolutely gorgeous! I would think she has some Himalayan or Balinese colorpoint in her background somewhere!
She was born all white with light blue eyes. On her papers, they said she was a lilac point but I don't know if that's actually the correct color. Her eyes are still a light blue. Her hair was longish and very silky as a kitten.

LittleLilly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was thinking Balinese. I was just surprised by her strange tufts when they developed. I really love them and hope they don't go away!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's lovely!

Lilly appears to be seal lynx point (tabby point) in color, and I agree that she appears to be a domestic longhair. She is not lilac point; that is a much lighter color. She has toe tufts because she's a longhaired cat. The extra long hair behind the ears is sometimes seen on longhaired cats, but isn't a feature of any specific breed.

Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less special... Lilly is a gorgeous girl with her own special look!

LittleLilly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's lovely!

Lilly appears to be seal lynx point (tabby point) in color, and I agree that she appears to be a domestic longhair. She is not lilac point; that is a much lighter color. She has toe tufts because she's a longhaired cat. The extra long hair behind the ears is sometimes seen on longhaired cats, but isn't a feature of any specific breed.

Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less special... Lilly is a gorgeous girl with her own special look!
Thanks for the information!

LittleLilly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh I don't think they'll go away, if anything they will get more pronounced as she gets older, really unusual!
Ohhhh, I sure hope so!
Oh I don't think they'll go away, if anything they will get more pronounced as she gets older, really unusual!
Ohhh, I really do hope so!!! 🤞
Thanks for responding to my inquiry.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
L LittleLilly She definetly has some breed in her background, maybe Ragdoll or color point Siberian (Neva Masquarade).

Many breeds have been mixed with color point cats and color point cats in the west normally trace back to Siamese at some point / possibly Burmese.

SpatialGuy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
11 months old. Over the last few months she has really developed tufts of fur behind her ears and between her toes. I adopted her in January or February. I did get to see her mother which she looks nothing like. She was a shorter haired tabby. Her adopting papers said Siamese. The vet said she is definitely Siamese even though she has color point. I would agree. Any ideas on where the behind ear tufts and toe tufts come from or possible breed? She is very smart and loves to play fetch. Thanks!
G’day Kitten and Lilly.
I’m not sure about the short haired tabby mother, doesn’t seem right after seeing this girl.
Had you not mentioned it, I would have guaranteed she was purebred! Purebred what you are all asking?? Drumroll 🥁
LILLY IS A RAGDOLL KITTEN
100% certain - this is a fact, not an opinion! The icing on the cake was definitely the blue eyes! She is a Lilac Lynx Point Ragdoll. The legs/feet really confirm it, the only Ragdoll Colourpoint with those coloured legs and paws. The face and body colouring fit also and even though they can vary a bit in darkness, the pattern and shading are always the same. Oh, and the ‘tufts’ will thicken with age and be there forever.
She will always want to be in contact, even if it’s one toe, and she will talk incessantly, more and more as she gets older. Keep that double coat well groomed, they can almost magically matt overnight! (A ‘Furminator’ is a must for matts, knots and keeping that mane thinned and under control.)

Lilly will be loyal and love love love YOU, for life.
Your journeys together have only just begun, enjoy!