Befriending a Tiny Stray

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's wonderful to see how well Wit os adjusting and learning!! Grooming with a soft-bristled toothbrush using small, quick, 'J ' strokes will mimic a mama kitty's licks and give Wit comfort as well as bonding. Bringing him to you was his mother cat's best gift to her baby - a mother's love is so strong. If all goes well, Wit could easily be your son's fur buddy until adulthood.

I would apply a thing layer of coconut oil to his bottom.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

enendawson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wit update:

Today was Wit's first vet appointment, and it turns out "he" is actually a girl lol Whoops!

The vet was not sure about her age. He said based on weight (she's not even a pound), he estimates she is 4 weeks old... But I think it's unlikely she was only 2 weeks old when we caught her? She was very coordinated and has been eating wet food without issue... I hope we haven't done anything bad for her.

She's had dewormer and the vet gave us a free flea treatment for her. She's healthy looking, but the vet thought she was too little for leukemia/FIV testing yet, so we'll keep her isolated for another month .

I can't believe she's a little girl! The vet said orange girls are rare.

And apparently our socializing has worked well. She hissed at the vet at first, but otherwise cooperated. He said she's no threat to anybody :)

fionasmom

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww you have a little orange girl! I have only had one in my life and she was extremely sweet. I agree with your assessment of her age, but in the end what is important is that she is safe and healthy. She is lucky to have been rescued by you.