Before And After

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Two of my (numerous) rescues.

Little Boy, dumped outside my house as a young kitten. There was snow on the ground and he was so sick he couldn't walk. Both of his eyes were infected and gummed shut. We thought he was going to be completely blind.

LittleBoy1.jpg

Little Boy now, with his one good eye.
LittleBoy36.jpg

Toby, also dumped outside my house. He was in fairly good health, just tiny and defenseless. He started purring the moment I picked him up.
Toby6.jpg

Toby now. 15lbs of ginger bruiser.
Toby86.jpg

Last edited:

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We found her born to a stray; placed under a milk crate surrounded by a terrible brand of cat food (nine lives) not even on a plate, just poured all over the ground; which of course she had matted into her hair. Needless to say, she's better off these days. And NOT eating nine lives.
grow.png

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
This is our rescue. He was double dumped with an open wound when rescued. Age estimated around 3 - 4 weeks old. Scrawny little fella. Took him home on 9th January 2016 and he was named January.

Going to the vet (in protest :lol:)
IMG_1678.JPG

Returned home from the vet (in protest again)
IMG_1685.JPG

This was taken in August this year at 3 years and 9 months old :hearthrob: :redheartpump:
IMG_8118.jpg

Last edited:

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Chai. :hearthrob:

First picture in Sept 2017 just after being trapped. Severely anemic, skinny, half her front leg missing with bone sticking out, and absolutely terrified of humans. After this, she barely survived her blood transfusion and amputation, and went on to the shelter... where she was “unadoptable” because no one could touch her the entire time she was there.

Second picture in Oct/Nov 2018, a month or two after I adopted her and brought her home. After lots of patience and TLC, she completely transformed into the sweetest and most loving cat ever. Happy, healthy, playful, and so affectionate. Waiting for her tummy rubs. I sure miss this girl.

5E3E0B9D-3D10-44DA-AB8D-1569DEA08592.jpeg

Bonus- a before-and-after of taming her once I got her home:

E4C2EAA8-B3B2-4355-9EE3-7D1EC60662C2.jpeg

A530F031-F2E7-424E-9DAA-BA06EA0D0633.jpeg

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found this little lady in the middle of the street, meowing, while on my way home from work - Infected eyes, fleas, stuffy nose, matted fur and overgrown nails that caused her to limp. So I picked her up on the spot, put her in my car and immediately took her to the vet. Long story short, she has been with me for two years now! Her name is Meadow :)

Before (First day at home):

After:

I have no idea if she actually belonged to someone, but oh well! She is mine now :p They clearly didn't bother enough at any rate.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I know I already posted about Mocha, but I wanted to show the extreme difference in body language from week two in her new home to one year later. She spent her first week isolated from my other two cats, and this first video shows her reaction to my opening the door for her during the second week. It took several days before she would venture out. Speakers up if you want to hear the pitiful little squeaks of anxiety. :(
View media item 422886And here she is almost a year later. My happy girl!
View media item 421809

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
20190927_191243.jpg
First 2 pics-the day i found her living in a vacant lot, earned her trust, and scooped her up and brought her home. You can see her fur is a little scroungey, she was underweight and had an infection.

20190927_191257.jpg

And from the last week -
Sleeping next to me with her head on a corner of my pillow
20190925_032138.jpg

Enjoying the sunshine
20190924_153556.jpg

Catching her first (indoor) mouse
19-09-25-12-45-44-502_deco.jpg

And generally just living her best life :)

20190922_075300.jpg

calico man

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
View attachment 301433 My 3 cats’ before and after. The most serious case was Barley’s. He had ringworms, dental problems, and a host of other issues when we plucked him from the street shivering in the cold.

Bourbon had earmites and URI.

Pepsi was abandoned by her mama cat, and has dwarfism condition.
Great stories on all! The pic of Barley reminded me of my first cat Shaniko.
Click on image for full pic.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kissamew

My attitude is inspired by cats....
Young Cat
Purraise

The day after I found Reese, early last July. For the first few days, she absolutely would not 'un-hunch' her back. She walked around scrunched up like that all the time. I assume she was in a tremendous amount of pain.

The latest picture that I took of her this morning! I have no idea why she's lying in a dustpan. Maybe she's getting a head start on sweeping up fur for me.
She's so pretty! She says "no dust bunnies here!"

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nightfury a few hours after we found him abandoned in a box outside the local (closed) shelter. He was given a bath where the water ran rust colored from the fleas, flew dust and dirt on him. He also had several ounce shots of liquid and KMR in him at this point. First priority was hydrate and get fleas off him; then photo.

Nightfury probably three weeks later. No he didn’t go outside often or alone at that point. This was just some play time exploring our back patio with fun rocks to climb over and plants to sniff.

Nightfury at around three (he’s now six) inky black darkness.