Been Off Here For A While

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't been on here for a while. I think all of you know that my husband passed away on Dec. 15. Been a tough and heartbreaking 8 mos.

In addition, I was diagnosed with breast cancer (ductal cell), had a mastectomy on July 8 and am on a chemo program. Had 2 sessions so far, hair is starting to thin out which I know is part of the side effects. I am trying to be positive but it's been a lot to deal with. I am getting thru, have met some wonderful friends thru Hospice, my on line grief support and my on line breast cancer support. Kitties are comforting me every day. Charlie cuddles with me and holds my hand with his paw.

Just wanted to touch base and let you know what is happening. Will try to get on here more often.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your encouragement. It's been a nightmare but I am taking one day at a time. Have to stay positive - there's no other choice.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll pray for you and yours, may you be blessed for your trials. The bad things in life always dominate everyone's world, it's so very hard sometimes to see the good things because of the bad. Concentrate on what is good, you are alive, you are healing, you have the support of your friends and the love of your precious kitties. The sun WILL come up tomorrow, it is the beginning of the rest of your life. No one is guaranteed a tomorrow, just live and love one day at a time.......