Bee Sting

Beans<3r

Troublemaker
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
Not sure if this has been posted before. But Beans was bit by a bee this morning. He had a swollen lower lip....my poor baby :( Is there anything OTC that we can purchase for him? I don't want him to be uncomfortable.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know, but have you called your vet to ask? That is what i would do, i think they would be the best ones to advise what to do for the poor boy. Hopefully he feels better soon. i am sending him feel better vibes.:vibes:

Spookymoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitty was stung last year on her paw and the vet just said to put some ice on it to reduce the swelling if she let me...which she didn't I think it's worth seeing if you can get some advice over the phone too, getting stung on the mouth sounds very painful! Hope Beans feels better soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Beans<3r

Troublemaker
Young Cat
Purraise
I dont know, but have you called your vet to ask? That is what i would do, i think they would be the best ones to advise what to do for the poor boy. Hopefully he feels better soon. i am sending him feel better vibes.:vibes:
Thank you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Beans<3r

Troublemaker
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitty was stung last year on her paw and the vet just said to put some ice on it to reduce the swelling if she let me...which she didn't I think it's worth seeing if you can get some advice over the phone too, getting stung on the mouth sounds very painful! Hope Beans feels better soon!
Well, I am glad to report he is back to normal...thank god! His cry was so scary

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor Beans! He won’t try eating any more bees, aww!
Just do what my mom always did: she would grab a fist of dirt and a bit of water and slap the mud pie on the bite as fast as she could.
We heard of “mud masks” now, but that’s what the originals really were! Depending on how much clay etc is in your soil will effect how fast and deeply it will draw- but is safe for all animals!
There are beauty masks that work too, but they need to have mostly natural ingredients and be sure they are without (even natural) ingredients that are harmful to kittlets.
Honey can also help soothe, not draw venom, but soothe. :)

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Long time ago when I was a kid and we had a family cat that decided to try eating a bee. It stung her on the roof of her mouth. Her face swelled up pretty good from what I remember. It went down in a few days and the cat avoided anything that made buzzing noises from then on. It's always a hard lesson but one that is not forgotten.