Beautiful stray!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LeiLana80

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, we are kind of stumped.

We still don't know if Miss Frostina (*sigh*) is pregnant. Her nipples very slightly got pinker (more just skin color pink; but a shade or two pinker than the white-ish they were before), but not enough to really be able to "call it". Her belly is rounder and rather firm, but she has been eating a lot, so....

We have had her for 21 days now, and she has not gone into heat. I would think that if she wasn't pregnant, she would have already gone into heat at some point, right?

I have literally zero experience in this particular area!

(On a side note, she is very happy and active, and loves to play, eat, and be brushed!)

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is great to know that they will be taken care of no matter what and if it turns out she is not pregnant then I am sure a shelter near you will have some siblings she can love in need of a home.

Cats don't cycle monthly, I had a cat ( as a child) that had 3 litters over 3 years.
And the cat I missed fixing before my daughter let her out didn't go into heat until she was 1 and then it was about 6 weeks between them and they were really short.
Both her daughter that I kept went into heat earlier than one , but are fixed now[emoji]128527[/emoji].
The vet could xray then you'd know how many you were getting.
Best of luck
I went from 1 young cat (2 had passed of health problemsthe year before ) to 2; I picked her ou and we had just 2 cats for about 10 months, to 3 (October)took in a moving friends 5 yr old cat, to 4 soon teen brings home kitten (December) to 9 (kittens born in may) to 10 (caged stray tnr in basement).
We are down to 6 now trn released into barn population
One kitten re homed
Mother cat went missing in fall possibly coyotes got her
December kitten wes lost Fevl related illness.

I have read some about cat gene that and other genetics that onecatovertheline was going on about previously still think you could get a van lookalike from calico genes. Member saurther and others give great kitten advice in the pregnancy & kitten form .
Again goid luck

LeiLana80

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks!
I don't know anything about cats heat cycles (just what a generic Google search tells me! haha). Interesting stuff!

If she is pregnant, and has a calico... my daughter will be thrilled. That will complete our collection of rainbow kitties in her mind

Today her nipples are all a little easier to find, and slightly plumper. Still the same pink color, but not bright. I don't know if it's because she's just getting her coat into shape (brushing, licking, etc) from better nutrients, or what.

LeiLana80

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So here her nipples today. I can't get over the size and shape; but they definitely aren't the classic bright pink/red I hear about.

Could she just have larger nipples from having kittens before, or something like that?

All my boy cats have teeny little dot nipples (yes, I checked lol), so these stand out to me.

Am I reading too much into this? haha

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hmm. I'm with you. I think she is probably pregnant. Thank you for taking in all of these kitties. Welcome to TCS, fellow cat lover! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

areen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Beautiful cat! I think she is pregnant. Just wait and see [emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128522[/emoji] u remind me of myself 2 months ago when I used to keep checking my females nipples to get sure if she was pregnant and she was XD and welcome

libertysgoats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Following to see if she is pregnant and of course to see kitten pictures if/when the time comes. [emoji]128521[/emoji]

Last edited:

LeiLana80

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks all!
I hate playing the waiting game!

But I will keep you posted! And if we do wind up with kittens, there will be lots of pictures.

LeiLana80

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So Miss Kitty plumped up the past few days, like significantly so! So much so that even my non-observant husband gently picked her up and noticed a difference.

But I started feeding her kitten kibble a week or two ago (instead of the regular hairball formula the others get [side note: they all also get canned wet food]), as I read that is what you should do for pregnant kitties for extra nutrients. So she's either suddenly getting fat... or she's at that 4-5 week mark of her pregnancy.

LeiLana80

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I celebrated too soon.
She's not pregnant. :ohwell:
She just gained a little weight right at that point.
We would be about 2 weeks from delivery at this point- and she's the same size she was weeks ago. Nipples are the same, no round belly, no belly movement.
So no babies! That's okay though. Disappointing, but okay. :)
And now she will be spayed...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, it's best that you know now. She'll be better off spayed. Do you have it set up yet?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great that you'll be having her spayed. Perhaps you'll consider fostering a pregnant mom in the future.

LeiLana80

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, we will be getting her spayed asap. Our normal vet that we love costs like $400 dollars :eek2: but a local place that takes care of strays will price it according to income, so it'll be like $50 bucks there! There is quite a waiting list, though, so it'll be a few weeks (or more!). But it'll happen, don't worry. We are lifelong responsible pet owners. :salute:

I like that idea, talkingpeanut! However, my daughter (who is 7 and seriously obsessed with cats) wouldn't be able to let them go! We are at 5 cats right now, so no more!! haha