Beautiful New Floors.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow. Very nice! How well do you think your floors will hold up? I really like them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , they are warranted five years against peeling, hot tire pickup, etc. They have a UV additive so the porches won't fade from the sunlight. In fact, I think it is the last time they will ever need to be painted in our lifetime.
The garage color is charcoal gray. The porches are sandstone. They have total coverage of paint chips which creates a slip resistant surface, which is important to us. The process is base coat, sprinkle with 100 % coverage paint chips, let dry. They came back the next day and painted on a clear, UV coat. Twenty four hours after the clear coat is done, you can drive a car on it.

If you notice, in the garage picture you can see we put the freezer up on furniture dollies. This will be an easy way to keep things clean under the freezer. We moved it to the out building and plugged it in while they were painting.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like it also. Kind of reminds me of the terazzo floors a lot of older homes in Florida have.
I'm going to look them up. I work in the design field and this might be interesting to people I work with.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are very beautiful. It is a look I definitely would choose if I had the chance. I love the color. Enjoy your floors in good health for many years to come!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Those are beautiful! It sounds like it's an epoxy coating, am I correct? I've been wanting do do that for many years in the garage, where we keep the litter boxes. DH is against it, as he thinks that scattered litter will wear the finish down.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow I love them! Are they slippery when wet? That would be my only concern. DH is a bit of a nut about keeping certain things like the patio and siding clean. This looks like it would be better than plain concrete on the patio! He'd like it in the garage too I bet. :lol:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
margecat margecat It is not epoxy. Rather it is called a Polyaspartic coating.Rhino Home Pro

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles After the base coat is put down, the floors are coated 100% with paint chips. This gives texture and grip to the floor. Then they are coated with a clear coat.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ah I see. Thanks for explaining that. My grandparents always painted their garage and patio floor and it was smooth and slippery if it got wet. That's why I wondered if this was too.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am loving these floors. They are so easy to keep clean, just a sweep and you're done. They told me just wash them with clear water and I think that is all that will be needed. So far, I have just swept a little here and there.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
There's a product, might be made by Rustoleum, that does kind of the same thing. Called Epoxy-Shield?? We used it many years ago on our basement floor. You painted the floor with the color. Then, quickly before the paint dried, you sprinkled the color chips into the paint. Then let it completely dry. That worked out well for us. I'm sure having it professionally done made it looked much better though. I really like your floor!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's a product, might be made by Rustoleum, that does kind of the same thing. Called Epoxy-Shield?? We used it many years ago on our basement floor. You painted the floor with the color. Then, quickly before the paint dried, you sprinkled the color chips into the paint. Then let it completely dry. That worked out well for us. I'm sure having it professionally done made it looked much better though. I really like your floor!
Winchester Winchester We had both porches and the garage done in this product you are talking about. It didn't hold up in the garage. There was "hot tire pickup." In those places, once it got started, the paint peeled off in strips. The front porch is on the east side of the house. It peeled up in strips. The back porch was beginning to show some concrete in places too. The paint job was done by a professional painter, so I don't it was done right. It just didn't hold up.

This Rhino floor is guaranteed five years. I have been told, with this product, the floors will never need anything else.
I just love them. Hubby is going to paint my porch benches for the front again. I am going to get some new plants and things to fix it up nice out there. That sun is tough on everything though.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's difficult in the south with the sun and humidity. I bet it will look lovely with a ton of plants out there and some furniture. You're going to love that porch! And so will Snoop!