Beautiful Little Cat Has Gone Missing! I'm Heartbroken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetblack2004

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everybody,
Last Saturday (Jan 11th) my cat went missing. It's only been three days but I'm totally heartbroken. It's not like Smudge to disappear. She was in for breakfast on the 11th and went out as usual, but we haven't seen her since. One of her brothers went missing for 7 1/2 weeks about a month ago. He came back very thin and hungry, but alive. It's terrible that Smudge has gone. She's a small, dark tortoiseshell cat with beautiful eyes (cat in my avatar). I thought since her brother went and came back it would be easier but I have a terrible feeling something has happened to Smudge. We've put things up on FaceBook and other sites. We've also been and asked the neighbours to check their sheds but there's no sign. I'm distraught; Smudge is very, very important to me and I can't bear the thought of not seeing her again. I came here in search of support and hoped people might have some good stories to lift my spirits.

Smudge is nearly 1 1/2 years old. She's female, has been microchipped and is spayed.

Thank you xxx

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really sorry to hear this but keep hopeful. We had a cat called Lucy a few years ago and she went missing for several months. It turned out that she was being looked after by a lady just a mile away. I can't remember exactly how we found out but she returned and lived a long life.

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you. I know exactly what it is like to have your cat disappear. I lost one of mine last spring. Don't give up hope though. A woman from our local Humane society told me about one of her cats that disappeared and came back a year later. Also two of my cat's brothers have disappeared on and off but always came back safely. Hope you find her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jetblack2004

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm sorry to say that we had a message on Facebook to say they'd seen a dead cat on a band just up the road. It was my precious little Smudge. I'm devasted and don't know what to do with myself. I can't believe it's her as she never went up the road. Thank you all for your replies :(

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so very sorry to read this. We'll close the thread now out of respect for your loss. We invite you to post a tribute to little Smudge in our Crossing the Bridge forum if you would like to.

Status
Not open for further replies.