Bbc Cats Life Interactive Video

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was surprised to see that the expectant mom just 'stayed put' in their 'living room', so-to-speak...........'would have expected that she'd have sought out some seclusion, at least. 'Haven't ever had the kitten experience, but have read people describing how new mums have 'hidden' within the home and/or moved the kittens to a presumed safer spot in the house............so, her staying in place seemed odd.

Very well-done piece........neat tech, too!

There's also a second piece at the bottom there - Secret life of the cat: What do our feline companions get up to? - have to say, though, that it galls me to see cats roaming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What can I say, it's different abroad. People in the UK are apparently of the mindset that indoor/outdoor is the way for pet cats to be kept.

And the mother cat was totally cool with the BBC crew and camera gear right there filming things. Not to mention the ginger cat that came up to sniff her with the newborns right there. He did back off pretty promptly though.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, do I know. Still, it kills me.

And, what's worse, is the inevitable "Oh, I'm just devastated......" when the cat gets pancaked on the "main road"..........or, any bloody road, for that matter!

I'm also on a UK forum for years.......and, this is a regularly-reported occurrence there. Just mind-boggling! Oh, but wait.........then, these same folks have the absolute nerve/audacity/brazenness to wag their fingers at North Americans who declaw their cats! I mean, please!!!

OK. Rant over. I'm gone (gone away still seething!)