Bayer Advantage II

JulietteTruong

Sassy but sweet calico girl
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After weeks of contemplation, and reading all sorts of stuff online, finally bit the bullet and got the Bayer Advantage II for cats over 9lbs (2 months of doses). I’m someone who has to obsess and overthink about this sort of stuff before acting on it...A product could have all the best reviews, but it just takes one or two bad ones for me to pause and get paranoid.

anywho, so now that I have it, I’m having a little anxiety about using it on my Juli. Just an overly cautious cat dad I guess... any words of advice or whatever to help put my mind at ease? I haven’t opened the package yet.

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello, I use this on my two cats, have done for the last 12mths having previously used Frontline however I wanted a fast acting treatment that kills fleas quickly should they pick any up.
Never once have they had a reaction to it and I treat them every 3weeks.
I understand your anxiety, I feel like that when trying a new product and not knowing if they are going to have a reaction. I like the fact Advantage comes in different strengths for different weights, only thing I would say is if your cat was borderline for the weight recommendation then go for the lower strength one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JulietteTruong

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello, I use this on my two cats, have done for the last 12mths having previously used Frontline however I wanted a fast acting treatment that kills fleas quickly should they pick any up.
Never once have they had a reaction to it and I treat them every 3weeks.
I understand your anxiety, I feel like that when trying a new product and not knowing if they are going to have a reaction. I like the fact Advantage comes in different strengths for different weights, only thing I would say is if your cat was borderline for the weight recommendation then go for the lower strength one.
thank you!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Advantage II is one of the flea treatments that does not enter the bloodstream (works through the sebaceous glands), so I consider that a plus! It is the only thing I have used on Feeby because of that. It isn't as effective as it once was, but that is likely to be area-related (regional immunity issues due to overuse) and I am pretty sure I recall many members in CA who use it and find it not only effective, but very safe.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
FeebysOwner FeebysOwner really said what my experiences have been as well. I have used it for years and never had an issue with it. Includes the dogs as well. This last time I used Revolution because I felt that the Advantage was not as effective but one cat developed seemingly painless scabs on her neck area, so I might be back to using Advantage.

Remember with reviews of all kinds, but especially anything "medical", those who are very happy and those who are completely dissatisfied usually post.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JulietteTruong

Alpha Cat
Purraise
After weeks of contemplation and research, and hesitation, I finally took the plunge and got BA flea treatment for my kitty. I was skeptical since its an OTC treatment, and had read some not so great feedback on the internet.

it’s been over a week since applying it to the baby, and so far I haven’t found one flea! Very impressed so far!