Bathroom issues

gert452000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,
I have been absent for such a long time. I can't tell you how good it feels to be here again.
If anyone remembers me you will also remember that I have ferals that I feed and try to care for. Their numbers are decreasing as I believe that for whatever reason they have decided to move on.
The problem I am having now is this:
We have a garage with a dirt floor. This mommy and her babies have taken up residence in there. They have dug their way in. We have filled in the holes and the holes just reappear. You know where this is going, How do I stop them from getting into the gargage once and for all and if not that how do I prevent them from using the dirt floor as their own personal HUGE litterbox? There are landmines everywhere! And the stench is overwhelming.
Please help me with this. The babies are old enough now to come and eat with the others.
Glad to be back. Trudy

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back, Trudy! As for the garage floor situation, how many litter boxes do you have set out?? Is the litter scent-free?? I have found that it is easier to set out boxes, even outside, then to discover "gold" in the flowerbeds. some of my family members think I'm crazy, but it's actually less time consuming than constantly waging a war of chasing away cats, putting out chemicals, and dealing with the stress of fighting the cats about it - and the karma is a lot better

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gert452000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks fo rthe reply. I must be numb in the brain. LOL. I never even thought to give them litter boxes. I will certainly give that a try. Seems like such an obvious simple solution. Thanks again. Trudy

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gert452000

Hi everyone,
I have been absent for such a long time. I can't tell you how good it feels to be here again.
If anyone remembers me you will also remember that I have ferals that I feed and try to care for. Their numbers are decreasing as I believe that for whatever reason they have decided to move on.
The problem I am having now is this:
We have a garage with a dirt floor. This mommy and her babies have taken up residence in there. They have dug their way in. We have filled in the holes and the holes just reappear. You know where this is going, How do I stop them from getting into the gargage once and for all and if not that how do I prevent them from using the dirt floor as their own personal HUGE litterbox? There are landmines everywhere! And the stench is overwhelming.
Please help me with this. The babies are old enough now to come and eat with the others.
Glad to be back. Trudy
Trudy....are you planning to get these cats fixed?? That would actually help with a lot of the negative behavior. 2 things I recommend......they probably are going into your garage for shelter and it just happens to also act as a litterbox for them...so if you provide them with shelters and also provide them with a location where it is safe for them to use as a litterbox. Some people create big sandboxes solely for the cats to use.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gert452000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi again,
I can't get near enough to the mommy or the babies to takethem in anywhere. As soon as they see me or my husband they take off. I know they are in the garage sometimes because I see them runnign when I open the door.
The mommy (who we call Wolfe) has been around about 2 years and as far as I know this is her first litter. She comes in to eat but won't stay long.
We do have other shelters for them. In fact, my husband added onto our home just for these cats. We call it the "cat house" LOL.
I think what I will do is go to the store and buy one of those small swimming pools and use that for their litter box. They should be on clearance now.We have never had a problem with the other ferrals doing their business in unwanted places but there is always a first time.
Thanks ofr your time and I do appreciate your input.