Bathing too often/cat poop stuck to butt

catlover384

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I have a 10 month old Persian kitten. For the past few months, she has been getting poop stuck on her butt and hind legs when coming out of the litterbox. I have given her multiple baths, but am now hearing that it may not be good to give cats baths often. How often can I give her a bath, and does anyone have any suggestions otherwise? Thank you.

merlinsmom

Mom to Moose, Squirrel, Dougie, Betty and Ferals
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bathing cats too often, especially kittens can dry out their skin and also make them irritated. I would be more concerned why their poop is so soft and sticky. I would either take to the vet or get some forti flora to help digestion. Then trim the long hair around their legs and butt. I feel you have two long haired boys and they get “dingle berries” from time to time. Grab it with a tissue and a nice wipe with a damp cloth will do. 😊

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pair of sharp scissors / pair of latex gloves some wet paper towels is all you need really. aside from maybe a helper to either hold the kitten or the cleaning up. or maybe a monthly trip to the groomers to get his rear buzzed short

mxphs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, my humphrey used to be a bit wobbly with his litter box habits.
I've found that ever since he's matured, he's really good with his poops now. Your cat might grow out of it and 'learn' how to go to the toilet better. Having said that I have a shorthair but he did get poop stuck to his butt and poop bits on his paws at times which is thankfully, becoming less and less common