Bath Time

EllaM6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently found a kitten outside who I have kept who has Feline Lice. I gave him one bath but he HATES it ! How do I calm my cat during bathtime !!!

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Has he seen a vet? How do you know it’s lice? What did you bath him in? How old is the kitten? Can you add a picture?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EllaM6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The kitten is a little over 8 weeks. I bathed him in organic unscented dish soap. He has seen a vet, they gave him lice treatment... Revolution for flee and ticks. But he should still have a bath... This is him at the vet.
Has he seen a vet? How do you know it’s lice? What did you bath him in? How old is the kitten? Can you add a picture?

Attachments

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He’s adorable. So, if the vet applied Revolution, bathing him will wash it off.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You really only need to bathe a kitten if they are too young to have the flea and tick treatment. If the vet gave him Revolution that should kill all the parasites. Get a flea comb to groom the kitten with to remove any parasites that might be left.

EllaM6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He’s adorable. So, if the vet applied Revolution, bathing him will wash it off.
I did research. I washed him 24 hours after i applied the revolution. The revolution goes in to the bloodstream, so bathing a cat will surprisingly not affect the efficiency of the revolution.

EllaM6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You really only need to bathe a kitten if they are too young to have the flea and tick treatment. If the vet gave him Revolution that should kill all the parasites. Get a flea comb to groom the kitten with to remove any parasites that might be left.
I went to probably 5 stores and they are all sold out of the combs. Also the lice is so so so small that the comb I have doesn't pull them from his fur.