Basic probiotic. Greek youghurt Fage

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As many knows, a plain, unsweetened full fat youghurt is not only OK both for cats and people, but can also work as a basic probiotic.

And if such youghurt contains added Acidophilus and Bifidus bacteria, this is quite a decent probiotic.

One of our forumists living in NCarolina, USA, tells, she can buy a greek youghurt with the brand name of Fage, with such a Acidophilus and Bifidus added.

I suppose this greek yoghurt can be bought also in other states of the USA.

THIS Fage must be something of All Star Team!

I have seen Turkish youhurt mentioned as example of excellent yoghurt for cats.  Greek youghurt is very similiar, just a shade more sour, as the only real difference.

This youghurt, with these bacterias added...  Wow.

There is an old swedish wording, renown from the Bible translation of 1919:  By the King liked and approved.

This Fage is thus by  StefanZ  liked and approved!    :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My cats won't yogurt.
Not my residents either.   They were born and raised in the time when dry food was supposed to be the best, and they had much of  Hills into them.

But I had managed to learn them accept some pouches of wet food in sauce.   :)

Now, they do have stomach of iron, they never gets any real diarrhea, or bad constipation, however Im changing brands of their food, so they dont really need any probiotic.  -tx God

AND touch tree!

But many othe cats are happy with eating almost everything.  So also yoghurt.

But if yours wont, ,  I saw the other day there is a useful one, somwhat similiar, in the Review section.   It was Natural something...

Based on goat milk, in powder, and had lotsa of Lactobacillus and Bifidus bacterias in it.

As it was in powder (or capsules contaiing powder), it was just to sprinkle on their usual food.

Yes, I think this product too would win  this:  By  StefanZ´   liked and approved.    :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This

Last edited: