Base Of Cats Nail Is Dark Brown / Brown

Quanners

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

My 1 year persian/himalayan male cat has a dark brown discolor near the base of his nail on his front left paw.

Has anyone else experienced this with their cat?

I believe this is not normal, however, he shows no sign on pain to it when touched/played with. image0.jpg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I have no experience with this, but wanted to respond in order to 'bump up' your post to higher on the list so that perhaps more members will see it and offer some insight. Sorry no one has replied yet.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did you happen to call your Vet to discuss the issue? Sometimes they can help over the phone, if you have a good relationship with them. I feel the good news it it doesn't seem to bother him, but you're right in that it doesn't seem quite right, so it's probably worth a discussion with your Vet at minimum. Perhaps you can forward them this picture?

Pixelated Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello Q Quanners welcome to the forum! I can't say for sure that your kitty has what my cat had because I'm not a vet but I can share my experience. My Pixie has had a claw that looked like that before, and our vet diagnosed it as a fungal infection. It was very easy to treat, the vet prescribed an ointment that we applied daily to the claw and he had to take a pill for a few days. Like you, I also felt it was not normal when I found my cat's claw like that. I agree that a discussion with your vet is the way to go. Good luck and please keep us updated:goldstar: