Balinese, or ragdoll?

nnmmss18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi guys, i adopted my beautiful baby girl a few months ago and i was told she is balinese. she is almost 2 years old. sweetest girl ever, follows me around and talks to me, plays fetch, and always comes to me when i call for her

Attachments

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
N nnmmss18
I suppose she could be a chocolate point Ragdoll. Did the person or place you adopted her from know her background? If so and they said Balinese, I would probably go with that.
She is beautiful ❤

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Balinese is basically a longhair Siamese. Their fur is semi-long and very silky. I’d say your kitty has the wrong body type and too dense/long fur to be a Balinese.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful girl! I think she is probably just a seal point domestic long hair. Colorpoints are very common in dsh/dlh and though they all have some siamese in them sometimes its very far removed because the colorpoint is common in other breeds and it was bred out.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks more ragdoll than balinese to me, he fur is pretty thick/ dense and balinese are not quite so much. I will do a collage later. Without papers she is labeled a dlh sealpoint. She is gorgeous whatever she is 😻
but… I just found this link on Balinese kitties and the first kitty pictured is similar most other balinese I have seen were not so dense… but I guess they were more like the so called “modern balinese pictured below, at least in fur density. It also say here the Balinese may also have been bred with Turkish Angora to produce the lh.

Last edited: