Bald sore on neck

coll450

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Noticed this bald spot on my cat today. It wasn't there when I woke then suddenly a few hours later it is. The skin looks red and raw. He's noy acting sick and it didn't seem to hurt him when I touched it. After looking at some photos of ringworm it looks similar but he's strictly indoors and not around any other animals so I don't see where he would have caught it. I did notice something sticky in his fur last night so I'm wondering if he maybe just chewed it out a little too hard?? Any advice???

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He couldn't have chewed there it's too far behind his head. Does the wound have any holes or is it just solid pink? The fur being wet usually means there was an abcess that started draining. Either way a vet visit is probably in order to figure out what's going on.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree your cat cannot chew the back of his neck..

Did you apply any store bought topical flea medication?

*no one is blaming you everyone is trying to help 

Last edited:

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep forgot about the Flea medication Seventh. Mine has a reaction to Advantage years ago looked similar. I completely forgot.

teccore

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat has one  lower kinda below his neck some kind of pistula i got some spray on lotion to put on it but i can only get 1 spray on him and he takes off

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yep advantage and it was developed by my kitty after years of use. I had to switch him out. He was fine after that.