Bald patch near mouth!

Buseboo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
On Tuesday I got a little flamepoint ragdoll kitten. She was the runt of the litter so she’s tiny. She is 10 weeks old, and today I noticed shes got a little bald patch on the side of her mouth (one side only). The lady I got her off was overwhelmed with cats so she was not de-fled or dewormed until the day I got her. She gave her Johnsons tablet, the fleas just started falling off.
Its been 3 days and all of a sudden she has a bald patch. I took a picture, and praying its not ringworm.
Any guesses on what it can be?
She has her first Vets visit on Friday

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site to you and your little baby. She is adorable and it sounds as if she is very lucky to have been rescued by you. She does not look all that healthy, which is not to say that she will not be fine in the long run, but as the runt from a questionable situation, probably not cared for or possibly well fed, along with parasites she does need to see the vet and it is good that you have the appointment on Friday. Is she eating and using the litterbox, not vomiting, etc? Does she scratch this?

The ringworm that I have seen has always looked crustier than your pics, especially the first one. This, by no means, guarantees that it could not be ringworm. If it is, don't panic. The vet will help you and you can get help here as well. This could be the result of a flea infestation which you seem to have gotten rid of. Given how close you are to the vet visit, I would not administer any more flea meds or worming preps until you see the doctor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Buseboo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site to you and your little baby. She is adorable and it sounds as if she is very lucky to have been rescued by you. She does not look all that healthy, which is not to say that she will not be fine in the long run, but as the runt from a questionable situation, probably not cared for or possibly well fed, along with parasites she does need to see the vet and it is good that you have the appointment on Friday. Is she eating and using the litterbox, not vomiting, etc? Does she scratch this?

The ringworm that I have seen has always looked crustier than your pics, especially the first one. This, by no means, guarantees that it could not be ringworm. If it is, don't panic. The vet will help you and you can get help here as well. This could be the result of a flea infestation which you seem to have gotten rid of. Given how close you are to the vet visit, I would not administer any more flea meds or worming preps until you see the doctor.
She’s ok, eating small amounts but constantly, shes using the litter box ok, and no vomiting. I do believe she has conjunctivitis also, as one of her eyes are constantly leaking.
I’m so glad I got her, because at the rate I got her she wouldn’t have survived.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Sadly, that is probably true and you did save her. Let us know what the vet tells you. She has a lot of issues it seems, poor little baby. She sounds stable until you get her to the vet tomorrow though.

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you got her out of whatever situation she was in.
Try to keep her comfy and continue adjusting and let us know what the vet says.

Buseboo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We had our Vets visit today. The patch is from her scratching too much

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did the vet give you indications as to why she would have scratched so much? Flea-related?

Buseboo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did the vet give you indications as to why she would have scratched so much? Flea-related?
yeah and she had conjunctivitis