Bagel just vomitted, any thoughts?

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey guys. pinkman here.

To make things straight to the point:

- Noon, he goes to the vet for a checkup. Clean bill of health.

- 2:00 PM, he eats Hare-Today Turkey (raw), a small amount of egg yolk, and Wellness Beef and Chicken (wet food), L-Lysine, probiotics, salmon oil.

- 6:30PM, he projectile vomits twice. Vomit is very watery, semi-brown liquid, smells like Wellness Beef and Chicken, some bits of food. Also had to clean him up real quick.

Right now he is sleeping. At the moment I am trying not to be too concerned. My hypothesis is that the Wellness Beef and Chicken did not go well with him. The Wellness has been mixed with his food (gradually) for a couple days now. In fact, today was his third day with the Wellness. If anyone is wondering why it is because I wanted him to get used to canned food just in case. I will not be giving him Wellness (at least the beef and chicken kind) anymore.

Strange, but my friend's who was also fed Wellness Beef and Chicken was throwing up the past few days. Lox, my older cat has not thrown up.

;

I'm going to assume that it may be a potential allergic reaction to an ingredient in the Wellness. Any thoughts? I will be offering him boiled chicken breast puree'd later on. 

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did he get any vaccines at the vet?  It could be from that.  Try taking out the Wellness and see if that clears things up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nope, no vaccines today. Rabies will happen next week. I also fed him puree'd baked chicken with some water earlier. He's back to him normal self as of now so let's hope he keeps the food in and it was a one-time thing.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has he had beef before? Sheldon could handle canned beef, but can't deal with much raw food. But given Bagel's used to raw, it really could be the canned food - especially beef canned food, even thought it was beef and chicken.

Hope he keeps down the chicken! :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's never had beef raw or canned until two days ago. Today was his third day but... puke... I wonder if the batch of food is bad also, since my friend's cat also threw up (although I wasn't there so I'm not sure what kind of throw up it was) also and the reason I have the Wellness was because she gave them to me.

Hmmm....

But, no more beef for a while. 

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a cat that can't eat beef.  It will cause vomiting with him.