Back to the hospital

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We will continue to keep your husband and you in our thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was like a light switch was turned off- he snapped out of the mental fog the next day. They are talking about sending him home today with frequent follow up visits. I think it is because he has a PET scan tomorrow and the doctor was telling how difficult it is to get an appointment for that. When she said that I asked if he would be out in time for the appointment and that is when she said he maybe could come home today..

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thought I would update. He had the petscan. It showed some areas of concern. He ahd a bone marrow biopsy on Friday last week. and has an appointment with a thoracic surgeon for an endoscopy for a biopsy today. He asked me to reschedule that one though because he is still in so much pain from the bone marrow biopsy he can barely walk. We should get the preliminary results of the Friday test tomorrow. The current thinking is possible multiple mylenoma or lymphoma in addition to the liver disease. I am angry about him not being diagnosed a couple of years ago, The lymph nodes were of concern to the doctors then. They just took a wait and see attitude instead of pushing to find out.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm so sorry, Lynda. Did they give him something for control of the pain after the bone marrow
biopsy? Was he awake for the procedure? :hugs: :hugs: :redheartpump::hearthrob:

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They gave him a local anesthetic, but nothing for after, He can't really take anything for pain with everything else he has going on. He was awake. I told him they would have to knock me out cold for something like that since I am a big chicken. Just the thought of it makes my skin crawl!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I am so sorry... Bone Marrow Biopsies are so painful.. Perhaps some ice at the site, may freeze the pain, at least momentarily? My dad had 2.. one for diagnosis; the other for research... The second one was much more painful than the first...

I am keeping you and your husband in my thoughts.