Back to the hospital

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby is back in the hospital again. Fourth time since the end of August, and after 6 trips to the ER. We were encouraged when the doctor started talking about a liver transplant, but we have hit a snag. His calcium levels keep getting to high. One possible cause that has been mentioned is multiple mylenoma.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry he is back in the hospital. Maybe he is dehydrated or it’s something like parathyroid? Hoping the calcium levels even out.:grouphug2:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope they can get them under control.

How are you doing? ♥ :hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. I am still reeling from the doctor mentioning possible multiple myleoma last night. If it does turn out to be that, I am afraid that it precludes him from the transplant program. I will deal with that later, if and when that happens. Enough to deal with today. What really stinks is that because of pandemic regulations I can't visit him in the hospital. I can call him. I wish he had his cell phone with him so we could video call. Truthfully though I don't think he could do that because he can't even remember his password to get into the phone or how to navigate around it. Since he got sick, he can't understand technology. This is a guy who used to be able to do just about anything on a computer! Now the TV remote baffles him. You would never think that liver disease would do that to you!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I will be thinking of both of you and sending special thoughts. :vibes::vibes::vibes: Do you have any idea how long he could be in the hospital this time?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, are they giving him Ativan for them?

I wish I lived close so I could give you some emotional support, I make a mean cup of tea.

Love,
Mia ♥ :hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had a chance to speak with the doctor caring for him (not happy about that!) since the first day he was admitted. I don't think they are giving him anything because of all his other problems. If they can get the calcium down he should snap out of it. According to the nurses, alot of time someone as sick as he is gets disoriented and has problems in new places. It really breaks my heart to see him like this - he is convinced that they are trying to hurt him and I am allowing it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since you've been in contact with the nurses can you ask them to have the doctor call you and stress your concern?