Back in the hospital

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I am so unbelievably sorry - what steps have they taken to help your husband?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have him on remdesivir ( spelling is probably wrong on that). I talked to the doctor today, finally. I was kind of curt with him- asked him how this happened. No good answer. He was talking about how crowded the hospital is and I asked him if that made it okay to endanger patients by exposing them to Covid? All I got then was an apology. I told him I had reported it to the state board of health. In a later conversation my husband told me that he had been told because he tested positive the hospital has moved all transplant patients to private rooms- where they should have been in the first place. My husband is now complaining of being short of breath and is coughing up slog of mucous.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry your husband now has Covid. I hope he makes a quick recovery. My thoughts are with you both.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I asked him if that made it okay to endanger patients by exposing them to Covid? All I got then was an apology. I told him I had reported it to the state board of health.
Good for you! 👍 You are his advocate. 🤗 I did something similar when my daughter was in the hospital as a child, different set of circumstances but it got results.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope things are improving. :hugs:
The last time they tested him, he was still positive although he says he feels okay. He can’t go to the rehab for physical therapy until he is negative from what I have been told. I was also told because of the anti rejection drugs he is taking it could take longer to clear. I haven’t been able to visit him in over 2 weeks although we talk on the phone every day. We are both anxious for him to get to rehab because the longer he stays the harder it will be for him to be able to get out of bed again. He has been bed bound since last July.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Fingers and paws crossed he will test negative soon so that he can go to rehab for PT. :crossfingers: :bluepaw: Sending special thoughts.:grouphug:

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently I was given incorrect information. Even though he still tests positive, today I was told he is no longer infectious and will be transferred to the new rehab this afternoon. Yippee!!!
Is it possible for the two of you to Zoom, so you can see each other?
I know we could do a zoom call or even FaceTime but neither of us a tech savvy enough to set it up. The few times we have done it someone walked us through it. He still can’t figure out to check Facebook or texts on his phone. This is the aftermath of his illness because before he was a whiz at it.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
💐 Congratulations, and hope the side effects end soon!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
So glad to hear he will be transferred to Rehab. :hugs: Will they let you visit him there?