Bacillus coagulans

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,
I ordered a uti supplement from Amazon called vetri science ut strength feline. It has several ingredients including a probiotic called bacillus coagulans for uti health. Probiotics help both diarrhea and constipation correct? My cat has had a past bad experience with constipation and I want to make sure I'm not giving her something that would contribute to constipation. She has had multiple meds in the last week and a half to treat the uti(onsior, amoxicillin, gabapentin). She has been off the onsior for a week, off amoxicillin for 24 hours and is taking the gabapentin daily. Her stools have been a bit unpredictable. She had been going twice a day prior to the uti, then once a day and now it's been a little over a day. I get nervous just because of her past constipation episode. I know her stomach has been dealing with all these new meds. She is also on royal canin gastro fiber response dry food but I have ben trying to give her two meals if wet food during the day and putting the dry out at night just to try to get more liquid in her. Just wanted to make sure the probiotic in this supplement would help the constipation not make it worse. Thanks

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
B. coagulans is only clinically proven for use in animals with C. difficile associated diarrhoea. However, as B. coagulans is on the Qualified Presumption of Safety list, and probiotics work by promoting healthy ”good” bacteria in the gut, it shouldn’t encourage constipation.