Bach's Rescue Remedy

whaler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
the human formula contains alcohol but the pet version does not. you can use the human formula on pets though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tx_kat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
the human formula contains alcohol but the pet version does not. you can use the human formula on pets though.
Thank you for this.  I thought the human version could be used with pets, but my  husband said the that lady at the store told him it could't. 

Is it best to put it in their food (all our cats eat wet food), or is it okay to put it in their water bowls?

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for this.  I thought the human version could be used with pets, but my  husband said the that lady at the store told him it could't. 

Is it best to put it in their food (all our cats eat wet food), or is it okay to put it in their water bowls?
You will get a more accurate dose if you put it in their food. On the bottle it says you can put it on their ear.

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I prefer to rub it on their ears (it's absorbed through the thin skin there). You can put it in food or water, but if it's the human kind with alcohol some cats will refuse it. That may be what the salesperson meant.

harleydiva

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't used essences with cats, but did with dogs.  I often rubbed it on the ear, on the pads, or with puppies in trouble, on their bellies.  I would think in the water would not be a good way to ensure a dosage, as they are unlikely to drink all the water (or even food) at once.  We used the emergency essence from green hope farms on puppies when they were in trouble....at that point they weren't eating or drinking, or were still nursing.  It probably depends on how fast you need it to get in their system.

A friend has a small dog who freaks out in storms....just either sprays it in her mouth, or puts it in her hand and the dog will lick it.

abisiobhan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The first time I purchased it -after a reccomendation by a friend who is a vet, I bought the kind with alcohol (was unaware there were types for animals only. My Siamese did fine with it. She prefers cocculine though -made by a French company. Unsure if it is still made tho since it was being sold out at a pharmacy I visit...