Bachs Rescue Remedy?

gap

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What is it and where can I get some??

I am the mama of abandoned kitty, Stubby, in case you read my post. He is going to be neutered in the a.m. I asked my vet's assistant on the phone about a tranquilizer and she said they don't have one for kittys so I told her about reading on the net about 'Bachs Rescue Remedy' and she had never heard of it.

There is a male that comes to eat (probably a stray) and I want to have him neutered but I have to catch him and not let him eat the night before. I don't really know how to do this so I thought the remedy might help.

Also my girl Patches is so frightened of the carrier she trembles if she even sees it and she needs her shots so I could use it for her too.

Please help if you know about this.

michelerad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rescue Rememdy really does work. I have a cat Madison that I bring to Cat Shows. Well the whole time he is in the carrier he is so nervous that he drools. Rene got some rescue Remedy and I gave him four drops and he was instantly calm. Rene gave it to her Oriental Cat (Beta) who does not shut up (Sorry Rene) the whole way to NJ to the cat show and he was quiet and relaxed. Believe me if it can make Beta quiet it really works! I got it at the cat show and I believe Rene got it at Cape Cod. Sorry I really don't know where you can get it, but if you find someone who does know definately get it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gap

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much Michelerad.

Now that I know it really exists I'll browse the web for it. Maybe a pet store? Sounds like it really works. What a miracle for the kitties to not have to be so scared.

Thanks again..

michelerad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did a search on Yahoo.com for Rescue Remedy and one site that came up that had it was drsfostersmith.com Try it. Hope you can find it!

iriskitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was told you can get Rescue Remedy at bachcentre.com when I asked about it on a different site a while ago. I haven't purchased any yet, though. Good luck!

gap

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Michelerad and lotsocats,

Thank you. Had to go away today so just got back on line. Will definitely check out the info.

gap

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Iriskitty,

Sorry, I overlooked you at first. Thanks so much. I'm going to go check it out now.

rene

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got mine at an apothecary and you can also get it at any health food store - it is used for people too - and works especially well with cats and horses. It is mostly water, flower essences and a hint of brandy. It is wonderful to work with feral cats - you can put the four drops on a spoon of baby food if you can't get near the feral - or just put the dropper into your own pet's mouth. No more than four drops for cats. Madison is a Maine Coon and large and the dosage was perfect.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'll be moving this thread to the health forum.

tiggeytoes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever heard of GOOD CAT? I saw it in Petco. It is an additive you put in water to relax your animals. Has anyone tried it, and does it work?

barb0802

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know if this will help cats that vomit and poop simultaneously once they are in a car in a carrier???

Sorry for being so graphic ;o)

Thanks,

Barb

catspride

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Picked up on this thread quite late, but I just want to say how very helpful it is. Panic when you are taking a cat to the vet is a real problem with some of my "family." The newest foundling (a 9 -month old male) literally tore one of his dewclaws out by the roots trying to get out of the cat-carrier. When he went in for his neutering, the first order of business was to completely amputate the roots. Fortunately, the claw is up on the side of his leg, and was not one of the precious foot-claws. I wish I had known about the Bach remedy before, and I will now try to get some and keep it in stock for those especially frightened cats.

Thanks again to everyone on this thread. This seems to be the answer to a very basic and frequent problem.

by the way, someone suggested St John's Wort liquid for a tranquillizer for cats. Has anyone heard about it?

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The St Johns wart is good, but as with most herbs it takes ahwile to kick in. It can take a week of giving it to them. It's helpful when introducing new cats and for skiddish cats. I like the Dr bachs for immediate results.
As for pooping and throwing up in cars. There are just some cats who get car sick just like people. I have one who when calm will do this with the motion of the car. I find it helpful to take away the food and water the night before just like when you have to do this before surgery.