Baby Powder Ugh :(

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
First I don't understand why I do such stupid stuff on a daily basis. Maybe I'm not cut out to be a caretaker. Maybe the cats will be dead by the time someone sees this and answers. I don't know. I was messing with getting scratches off my iphone with baby powder/water mixture. So excited that I got it fixed. Then Treasure comes and wants food. Without thinking I poured food into his bowl. Now he and Sopdet have staggered into the bushes again. I'm afraid I may have harmed them because of my carelessness. A caretaker should be more careful IMO. So I don't know. Maybe they would be better off with someone else. I do this stuff on a daily basis and I am sure everyone on here is tired of my daily worries. No the powder was not on my hands like white hands or anything and the hands were dry but I can't help but worry that they may be in agony right now. Why can't I be a better caretaker? Neither are responding to me again And Sopdet usually does even if Treasure is off getting into trouble. I'm so scared I can't even eat supper now I'm vomiting again from worry. :(

My heart is breaking into tiny pieces over this. I'll be trying to find someone to take them that won't mess up so much. They deserve better

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can't imagine from what you are saying that there was enough baby powder to affect your cats. Would you be looking for them at this point in time if you weren't concerned over the baby powder? It is possible that they are just 'doing their thing' right now, and normally you wouldn't have been looking for them. I am sure that you will find them come running at the next feeding time. If you are that worried about it, do you sometimes give them treats in between meals? If so, try shaking a cat/bag of treats to see what happens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea I actually do look for them at the time I posted this as it was one of their meal times.

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think it is almost impossible that you could have gotten enough baby powder onto them or their food to have any sort of effect at all.

It might be worth trying to address your anxiety about these type of situations though, it seems like it’s causing you a lot of undue stress! Owning cats shouldn’t be such an exercise in stress and it really doesn’t sound like you’ve done anything wrong or negligent tbh

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats have not returned. They are not responding to calls, their meal bell or favorite food. I really did it this time. 😩

I know they haven’t because of the 10 cams all over my property continuous record.