Baby Bleu

Bleu's Human

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 6 month old blue/grey kitten. Ive had her since she was 8 weeks old. I was wondering what breed she closely resembles. Looking online, i would say she looks a lit like a Nebelung cat. Her fur started off kind of long and silky, but now it looks shorter and a little more silver. She has a longer tail so im guessing she maybe a medium haired kitten. She also has tufts of fur between her pads. Mother looked like a Russian Blue, but they have no clue which of their many cats fathered the litter. Check out the pics and let me know what you think.

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Bleu is adorable! Her fur looks so soft and shiny! I think I would classify her as a shorthair, because the fur on her body looks short, but you could call her a mediumhair if you prefer. Technically, though, cats are only divided into short- and longhair. So, I would describe her as a blue Domestic Shorthair. You could also call her a Maltese cat. I’m not really seeing any specific breed ancestry in her screaming at me, but maybe someone else can see something that I can’t put my finger on. She is very pretty!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful cat with a beautiful name. Isn't she a Russian Blue or a Korat? I am just guessing here. But she is really a sight to behold!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lovely girl! I would describe her as a blue domestic longhair; in the first and last pictures, the long hair on her tail is visible. I expect she will develop a more full coat as she matures.

Blue is just a color, and doesn't really indicate breed ancestry; the genes that produce the solid blue color are common in the domestic cat gene pool. Most cats aren't any specific breed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bleu's Human

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Bleu is all grown up now!!

QUOTE="abyeb, post: 4795700, member: 117949"]Bleu is adorable! Her fur looks so soft and shiny! I think I would classify her as a shorthair, because the fur on her body looks short, but you could call her a mediumhair if you prefer. Technically, though, cats are only divided into short- and longhair. So, I would describe her as a blue Domestic Shorthair. You could also call her a Maltese cat. I’m not really seeing any specific breed ancestry in her screaming at me, but maybe someone else can see something that I can’t put my finger on. She is very pretty![/QUOTE]

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, he seems really to have grown out, especielly lenghy-wise... Unless its an unusually narrow bed, he is looong! :)

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's a footrest, not a bed :)

She's definitely a longhair now! Lovely cat.