Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, it is very slow. I have a question for babblers. How does your kitty try to get your attention? Chula will actually pull out the power cable from my laptop or sit back on her haunches and wave her front paws at me. Paul makes biscuits on my stomach.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Asha comes and sits next to me and meows right in my ear, or tries to headbutt my phone out the way. If I'm on the big computer, she walks back and forth between me and the keyboard and totally block my view of the screen!

Forgot to say - Shadow doesn't even try. He sends his maid (Asha) do do the work for him :lol3:

Last edited:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Margd I think I've already answered that in this thread somewhere. My cat Carrot will find a toy and meow while he carries it to me. Gets my attention in a second. Angua is a little less elegant about it. It usually means jumping on me from somewhere. This could be a problem as she gets bigger.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Oh I must have missed it! That's pretty adorable of Carrot though. I can see that being jumped on would certainly get your attention, too.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I must have missed it! That's pretty adorable of Carrot though. I can see that being jumped on would certainly get your attention, too.
We have perches by the windows of the room and when I am sitting on my beanbag she will launch herself from one and land on my chest with a satisfied meow.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two cats are helping me select the new carpet.  Special Agent Sox rests comfortably on her selection, a plush medium gray cut berber, in nylon. Agent Smokey extends a paw to select a small sample of charcoal gray, 100%  polyester.  I like both carpets, so DH will cast the deciding vote.
They made some great selections there. They picked carpet where black cat hair will blend in so much better than the carpet that you have right now.

earlymornings

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aww, thank you!   DH may look like a tough guy with the tattoos (the folly of youth, LOL!) but he's secretly a big softie, completely devoted to Little Miss Sox.  He's currently on the mend from carpal tunnel surgery, hence the bandaged arm.  Soxie is thoroughly enjoying getting 24/7 attention from one of her humans.  I'm slightly jealous, since I'm gone to work during the day.  

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Just took this so you can see the difference
It so shocked me! At first the gate was only half that tall and I never dreamed she would get over two stacked on top of each other! She did indeed make it View media item 286317View media item 286318LET FREEDOM RING!
Ophelia is just too darn cute for words!  
My two cats are helping me select the new carpet.  Special Agent Sox rests comfortably on her selection, a plush medium gray cut berber, in nylon. Agent Smokey extends a paw to select a small sample of charcoal gray, 100%  polyester.  I like both carpets, so DH will cast the deciding vote.

Gee, you are brave @EarlyMornings  , I'm not sure I would trusat Mouse's judgements on carpets and rugs at all!  Not least because if it was one he liked it might be because he had designs on shredding it or something! 

earlymornings

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes indeed!   Shredding aside, I would gladly trust Mouse's opinion in matters of aesthetics - his stunning "cool grey" colouring automatically makes him a de facto expert.  All he would have to do is present himself next to the carpet (or paint) swatches, and whichever ones aren't flattering to him could easily be eliminated.  Now if only manmade materials could come close to duplicating his beautiful natural hue ... that would be my carpet of choice!

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Truly Mouse is a very beautiful kitty.  I once saw a kitty like that looked like Mouse advertised on a shelter's web page.  I hemmed and hawed and finally called.  It turned out I had waited too long.  He had just been adopted.  The blue/grey cats are really something special, I think.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@EarlyMornings    It's quite funny how different colours and shades can affect how Mouse looks.  Your comment on putting him next to something is spot on for me!   I am a really sad person and do like to decorate my home around my ktties, and sadly much of what I have was selected for his brown tabby predecessors.  LoL    Yellows and browns do not do Mouse any favours....  Sox and Smokey look like they are much more accommodating.  

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Seamus taps me on the butt, Loki meows like there's no tomorrow, Chirp follows me around and chirps, (hence the name), Autumn cries and cries, Munchkin rubs my legs and then flops in the middle of the floor so I have to pass her no matter which way I go. And Ivy runs from room to room ahead of me, trying to determine where I'll go, and meows and purrs. Some days they drive me bonkers.

earlymornings

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aren't they lovely?  They're relatively rare in Colorado, and I can't remember ever having seen one in person.  This makes me all the more grateful for getting to view photos here. :-)   Of course, all cats are beautiful, and I apologize for any inadvertent breach of etiquette by failing to compliment them all.  So many cats, such a slow computer. 

rhondalee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aren't they lovely?  They're relatively rare in Colorado, and I can't remember ever having seen one in person.  This makes me all the more grateful for getting to view photos here. :-)   Of course, all cats are beautiful, and I apologize for any inadvertent breach of etiquette by failing to compliment them all.  So many cats, such a slow computer. 
it's hard to compliment every cat. I would never get off this site. But they are all truly beautiful. Some have a cuddly look, some playful, some serene, and some just wayyyy to cute.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Seamus taps me on the butt, Loki meows like there's no tomorrow, Chirp follows me around and chirps, (hence the name), Autumn cries and cries, Munchkin rubs my legs and then flops in the middle of the floor so I have to pass her no matter which way I go. And Ivy runs from room to room ahead of me, trying to determine where I'll go, and meows and purrs. Some days they drive me bonkers.
    Only some days?  

Ooh, I forgot about the how does your cat get your attention question!

When I first got Mouse the only strategies he knew were 1) Bite, and 2) Jump up at my head....  these being how he got his fur-mom's attention.  
    Thankfully he did learn that these were not my preferred methods and now uses a rather more appropriate collection depending on how desperate he is.  

Stage 1 will involve walking about in full sight and being as silly as possible in an attempt to get you to play with him, or if hungry to follow him through to the kitchen.  Stage 2 is a roll about on the floor looking as cute as possible act and then  if he wants to play he will jump up, if for belly rubs he just lays there and waits for you to get down to his level and muss up his fur, or if he wants food he will be next to the food bowl or puzzle feeder or what ever gives stupid humans enough of a clue.  Stage 3 if I am sitting down is to jump up, climb on my chest and lay flat so I have to stop what I'm doing (usually on the computer, if standing he will jump up in to your arms and potentially progress to shoulders or head depending on how well the human is known to him, and if in bed he will alternate between jumping up on to your belly with as much force as he can and then race off to what ever he wants and meow, then repeat as many times has he has to to drag a tired human out of bed....  

He has another strategy with one of my lodgers, which is to start meowing as pathetically, plaintively and loudly as he possibly can the second he sees him and continues to do this until he is picked up, fed, tap turned on for a drink, played with, or all of these in no particular order.    Mouse is usually a very quiet cat so the way he behaves with this person is quite hilarious.  

​

What Mouse almost always forgets to do is get your attention when he's slinking about your feet which means he regularly trips people up and gets trodden on.  

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise

Only some days?  

Ooh, I forgot about the how does your cat get your attention question!

When I first got Mouse the only strategies he knew were 1) Bite, and 2) Jump up at my head....  these being how he got his fur-mom's attention.  
    Thankfully he did learn that these were not my preferred methods and now uses a rather more appropriate collection depending on how desperate he is.  

Stage 1 will involve walking about in full sight and being as silly as possible in an attempt to get you to play with him, or if hungry to follow him through to the kitchen.  Stage 2 is a roll about on the floor looking as cute as possible act and then  if he wants to play he will jump up, if for belly rubs he just lays there and waits for you to get down to his level and muss up his fur, or if he wants food he will be next to the food bowl or puzzle feeder or what ever gives stupid humans enough of a clue.  Stage 3 if I am sitting down is to jump up, climb on my chest and lay flat so I have to stop what I'm doing (usually on the computer, if standing he will jump up in to your arms and potentially progress to shoulders or head depending on how well the human is known to him, and if in bed he will alternate between jumping up on to your belly with as much force as he can and then race off to what ever he wants and meow, then repeat as many times has he has to to drag a tired human out of bed....  

He has another strategy with one of my lodgers, which is to start meowing as pathetically, plaintively and loudly as he possibly can the second he sees him and continues to do this until he is picked up, fed, tap turned on for a drink, played with, or all of these in no particular order.    Mouse is usually a very quiet cat so the way he behaves with this person is quite hilarious.  

​

What Mouse almost always forgets to do is get your attention when he's slinking about your feet which means he regularly trips people up and gets trodden on.  

Mouse sounds like such a delightful cat.  I've read about him in some of your other posts and always thought he sounded adorable. 

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
My cats have me so well trained that they don't need to do anything to get my attention. First thing in the morning is to scoop litter boxes so that they can immediately mess them up again and need to be scooped again as they are all too lazy to cover up and I won't put up with the smell, one of them is quite pungent. Then it's feeding time for the carnivores. While preparing their food there is a concert of meows with one of them standing on hind legs and making the most noise. Then it's off to fill the water fountain which is in the hall where there is an outlet and the fountain is not too much in the way. Next is the foster's turn who sleeps in a room by himself and gets fed there also as he is on prescription food plus a laxative and his food is diluted with lots of water. Otherwise he becomes constipated and he had to be cleaned out by the vet twice, poor kitty. The new regimen seems to work as there is a present for me in the litter box almost every morning. Then I might get some breakfast of my own unless I need to clean up the stink first that someone has left while I fed the foster.

By then I consider taking a shower and getting dressed before I make my own breakfast. I like sausage and eggs for breakfast plus a piece of avocado and some toast. No matter how much these fur balls have stuffed themselves there is always one who then begs for my eggs and sausage . Nothing doing, no people food for cats. But it is very distracting to the enjoyment of my breakfast to have a little beggar's paws on my leg, or some purring fuzzball roaming around my feet, or just someone sitting next to my chair with a pathetic look on his/her face and pitiful eyes staring at me. Eventually they leave and are not to be seen for quite a while, usually finding a spot on the patio in the sun. 

Status
Not open for further replies.