Babble Away! A Babbling Contest With Prizes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It's time for yet another - 

View media item 283213

Make post #500 to win:

Sarthur2 made post #500 & won: 

A 3 months forum membership, and

A TCS Tee shirt!

Make post #1000 to win:

KKoerner made post #1000 & won: 

A 6 months forum membership, and

A TCS Tee shirt!

Make post #1500 for the grand prize package:

MagiksGirl made post #15 & won:

A 6 months forum membership

A TCS Tee shirt  

An assortment of cat toys from Cat Dancer  (Cat Dancer Original  + Cat Charmer  + Catnip Cat Dancer   + Cat Dancer Ringtail Chaser  + Cat Dancer Whisker Chasers  + Cat Dancer Bowtie Chaser)

Edited to Add: Contest Extension!  

Post #2000 & post #2500  each get a teeshirt +  6 months subscription. 

Make post #2000 to win:

mickNsnicks2mom  made post #2000 and won - 

A TCS Tee shirt!

Make post #2500 to win:

kntrygrl256 made post #2500 and won - 

A TCS Tee shirt!

To make things fair and fun, a single member can win once in this contest. If a member has won, he/she will be more than welcome to keep on babbling with us here but if they end up the next winning post, we'll move up one post to choose another winner.

The Rules

1. Minimum of 15 words per post. Don't bother with counting words. Just make sure your posts are longer than one line and you should be ok.

2. Proper English. Please don't just hit randomly at your keyboard. No gibberish allowed and as with other posts on the site, try to avoid texting abbreviations.

3. Comprehensible posts. Your posts can be drivel, but they still need to make sense. Avoid using automated text generators. It's a babbling thread, but we still expect you to communicate with your fellow members.

4.Original posts only. Please do not copy and paste text from another source. Not even from this site. Not even if you were the author. Just write something fresh for this thread.

5. No consecutive posts.  You can't add a reply if yours is the last post in the thread. If anyone starts talking to themselves to speed things up, they risk getting banned from this thread.

The contest ends on midnight of Thursday July 30th, or once we reach 1500 posts. Whichever comes first. This is a HUGE challenge for us as a community. Last time we played, it took us three weeks to reach 1000 posts. Will we make it to 1500 posts in three weeks now?

Note: if we don't make it to 1500 posts by July 30th, the thread will be closed for further submissions at the end of that day and we'll pick a random winner from the thread. That means you could possibly still win, even if you just made post #xxx in the thread.

Let's get the thread rolling! Good morning posts and positive thoughts to start this off with are very welcome! Just make sure they follow the rules!

Last edited:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Awesome!!! It's been a while since we had a babbling contest!

Morning everyone! Hows everyone doing? Weather's been rainy and stormy here lately... but at least it's raining while I am at work!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Good Morning!

It's been hot and humid here, but we had some storms yesterday and it is nice, cool and dry right now. :D

Going to get my hair done later this morning and boy, does it need it. :lol3:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay! This sounds like a lot of fun! 
Good morning to you too!! It's a great day. Last night Henry was lurking by the door of his room watching all of us. I called over to him to encourage him to come out and play and when I did that the dog ran over to the door and startled him so he ran back into his tote. It's just a matter of time before he comes out of his room!! 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I keep meaning to get my hair done too, but I keep 'conveniently' forgetting - I hate going to the hairdresser. It hurts to sit for that long! Making do with stroking Asha's fur instead :lol3:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never been apart of a babbling thread so this sounds fun. I can' t wait to see what everyone has to babble about today. I'm in a strange mood so I may end up babbling about who knows what...LOL

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol3: @kntrygrl256. I'm always in a strange mood! Welcome to the club :wavey: This is my first time in a babbling thread too. You're right - it does look like fun :D

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Exciting! I enjoyed reading (and occasionally posting in) the last babbling thread, and am looking forward to seeing y'all stepping up your game and making it to 1500 this time! Now I'd better add some content and make this post more interesting. I don't think I ever posted anything about my latest feline friend, who I have known for over a year now. One day while walking in the yard with Wessie, we heard mewing, followed the sound to the source, and found a small brown tabby cat in the middle of the woods. She came up to our house that evening, and hasn't left. As a nod to her forest beginnings, we named her Forest (fully Forest Kitty). 

I know most of you like pictures, so here you go:

View media item 283432  View media item 283430View media item 283431

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Forest is such a pretty boy. I have a brown tabby who's real name is Felix but for a while I've been calling him Forrest for a different reason.... After Forrest Gump, because he is not the brightest kitty in the cat house, LMAO

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I need to get my hair cut too. I usually go twice a year. I hate having people touch my hair ugh.

Beautiful photos!!

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went last week to get mine cut because well for one it was like awful, frizzy, and just yucky. I feel much better now that it is my normal short style and it's so much cooler. 

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I need to get my hair cut too. I usually go twice a year. I hate having people touch my hair ugh.
I go once a month. 
 And I wish there's an option at hairdressers, "I prefer to daydream than talk."

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a fantastic idea fhicat fhicat . I loathe the small talk at the hairdresser's - just another reason I hate going. I have been known to go a year or more between haircuts just because I can't face it! I hate sitting in front of a mirror for so long too.

Ok, enough moaning ;) :lol3:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I go once a month. 
 And I wish there's an option at hairdressers, "I prefer to daydream than talk."
My hairdresser knows that when I sit in her chair I'm closing my eyes and enjoying the pampering. She may ask a few questions about how I'm doing but other than that it's quiet. That is my special time to be pampered and she can "play" with my hair as long as she wants unless she is backed up. I have sat there for an hour and a half letting her style and restyle it after it was cut just so she could decided which way she liked it best.

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I know, it's annoying to try to make small talk for long periods of time.  I have very long hair so the first (and last) time I got my hair colored, it took close to three hours.  Never again.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You're more patient than me! I'm very much a 'get it cut, get it dried, get me out of there' kind of girl. I played around with colour a lot when I was younger, but almost always with home dye kits. That way I didn't have to just sit and wait for the dye to take.

I'm going grey now, but I can't be bothered with dye anymore. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.