Aya is missing

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't seen my cat since I went to work. Mom last saw her in the early morning when she let her out I suppose. While we were looking at 3pm a neighbor said he saw her near his place. Spent hours, been all over calling her. This is not like her. she usually responds to calls eventually. and comes back intermittently for food, naps and checking in with her people. I have this bad feeling something happened to her.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mega :vibes: that she gets herself home soon! I wonder whether she accidentally got locked in a garage, etc.?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still missing.... I've already posted on Front Porch forum, called the Vet and emailed the local HS. the neighbor said she was hunting when he saw her cross the small dirt road behind his house, so I'm afraid some critter got her. Walked all through the back field it is completely overgrown so can't see much. Walked all around the neighbors place. He lives in a camper behind a pile o junk that was a house at one point. It's not mowed either. Treaded the path through the field we mowed for her. Up and down the main road just in case she was HBC....

At a loss what else to do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: Aya found! Just before 8pm after we beat the bushed literally all day, she strolled in the open door with a big "I'm hungry!" meow. devoured a whole can of food then went upstairs to snuggle with me.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

UPDATE: Aya found! Just before 8pm after we beat the bushed literally all day, she strolled in the open door with a big "I'm hungry!" meow. devoured a whole can of food then went upstairs to snuggle with me.
Oh that's great news.  
    You must be so relieved!  

Is there any way Aya can be an indoor kitty--it sounds like there are predators around where you live.