Automatic String Shooter - Perfect Gift For Cat?

lukatej

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good evening!
During my browsing on the Internet I found one special toy - you stick it on to the wall and it automatically shoots and then pulls back the coloured string which attracts the cat. Basically its unlimited play for the cat. Unfortunately, I cannot find it anymore, so maybe somebody heard about it or know the name of this toy.
Thank you for any help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lukatej

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
THank you very much! This is it!!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd be a bit worried about the one you hang up. If the cat manages to actually catch the string she could end up with a claw caught and her paw pulled up in the air. Very uncomfortable, and it has a potential for nerve damage if it goes on too long. (Of course, I don't know how strong the mechanism is; there could/should be a safety cut-out just in case. I'm not inclined to rely on it, however.)

My tendency is to say that you should treat these the way you would any string toy -- no unsupervised play with it. That said, these do look like a cat would have a lot of fun with them.

Margret

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
This also sounds like a potential choking hazard.

I don't leave anything with strings out for my cats because they could chew the string and swallow it. It can become twisted in the intestine and kill the cat.