Automatic litter box recommendations

Tlifter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been thinking about buying an automatic litter box for my 2 cats who are an American Short Hair and other Russian Blue Mix. The problem is I need one that is battery powered because the litter box is nowhere near an outlet. I read battery powered ones exist, but I haven’t found any. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Zerthax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I personally advise *against* automatic litter boxes. Although an unpleasant task, manually cleaning the litter box can give an important opportunity to detect medical problems with your cats.

To answer your question, I am not aware of any battery operated litter boxes. It would honestly probably be easier to get one that you want and finding a suitable external battery (UPS) for this purpose.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tlifter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I personally advise *against* automatic litter boxes. Although an unpleasant task, manually cleaning the litter box can give an important opportunity to detect medical problems with your cats.

To answer your question, I am not aware of any battery operated litter boxes. It would honestly probably be easier to get one that you want and finding a suitable external battery (UPS) for this purpose.
Thank you for the feedback. I’ve had them for years and they are still young 5 and 4 so I’m not worried about any major health issues, but it’s a good idea.

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a litter robot and the cats and I love it. Are you able to run an extension cord?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tlifter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a litter robot and the cats and I love it. Are you able to run an extension cord?
I was thinking about that, but it would be crossing right in front of a doorway not to mention there is a wall it would have to wrap around.

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was thinking about that, but it would be crossing right in front of a doorway not to mention there is a wall it would have to wrap around.
I know they have a battery but I think that’s more for if you lose power and not a long term solution

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use the Scoop Free. Not battery powered and it uses crystal litter. But one of my girls' would chew at her paws mercilessly with clay and corn litter, and she didn't like the pine.