Automatic Feeder

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am hoping people can give me some info on their experiences with automatic feeders.

I mostly need something that one cat can get some food out of at some point during the night. I feed her at 11p and when I get up at about 6a. If I wake up during the night I give her a bit of dry, she gets decent quality wet most of the time. She has this habit sometimes of throwing up bile in the morning before I can get her fed. She doesn't do this if I give her the dry during the night, but sometimes I don't wake up. She manages to go all day with no problem, but she is young, 1 1/2, and a bit of a maniac at night.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really like the Petsafe 5 compartment feeder. It's quiet and is programmable to any time you want. There's a 2 compartment feeder but it has a very noisy manual timer (constant ticking noise so you need to take out the battery when not in use to avoid going nuts) that can only be set in approximate 2 hour increments, the lids just hover over the bowls so a cat can hook a claw under the lid and pry it off very easily, the battery is a PITA to remove.

There are review of other feeders here on TCS: http://www.thecatsite.com/products/category/automatic-feeders

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could just leave out some freeze dried meat treats for her overnight.

mosimom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love this feeder!

ANMER A25 Automatic Pet Feeder with Voice Reminding and Timer Programmable, 6-Meal for Dogs (Large, Medium and Small) and Cats

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I love this feeder!

ANMER A25 Automatic Pet Feeder with Voice Reminding and Timer Programmable, 6-Meal for Dogs (Large, Medium and Small) and Cats
That's exactly what I've been looking for so that I can sleep in a bit on my days off! Thanks for the recommendation. The ones I've looked at or tried have either been too easy to break into, or the smallest portion has been too big for Mogli's small dry snacks (he eats mainly wet food).