Automatic Feeder and Correct Portions for Cat

LadybugsMama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi all! I recently adopted a 4-year old DSH who is about 8 pounds. she gets wet food in the morning, and was previously being fed 1/4 cup dry food for lunch and dinner by me as well. She’s currently eating Pure Vita’s Chicken and Pea Entree.

I bought the PetLibro Granary Automatic Feeder to disassociate me with dry meals, but can’t seem to figure out the portion size right. It seems each portion is about 15-20ML each from what I’ve read online. I currently have her getting 2 portions (~30-40 ML) for lunch and dinner. I based this on an initial conversion I did, but after checking my math, I think I’m off.

Should she instead be getting 3 or 4 portions twice daily? Maybe 3 at lunch, 4 at dinner? If anyone else uses this feeder or one similar, I’d love to know what you do! Thank you :)

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I know nothing about dry but I feed my cats 4 small meals a day. As cats get older it is very important they have moisture so can you start slowly mixing in wet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LadybugsMama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know nothing about dry but I feed my cats 4 small meals a day. As cats get older it is very important they have moisture so can you start slowly mixing in wet?
Yes! For sure. She does get one wet meal a day and she’s a good water drinker. I also will add water to her wet food for some meals!

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I was setting up Delilah's food in her timed feeder, it took a lot of back and forth with measuring spoons and a scale until I got the right portion.