TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got another recall notice on my vehicle, but printed on the notice was the fact that parts are not available to fix it- and it has been over a year since I took it back to the dealer after the first notice arrived. At least It's still driveable, unlike the guy I know whose pickup is broke and can't be driven, and no one knows when parts will be available for it. Isn't progress wonderful?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have been notified about recalls directly from the dealerships for our cars. I guess that doesn’t help if you don’t buy from a maker specific dealership?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
One so far on my Honda HRV - something to do with the fuel pump but at least they had the repair part right away. Waited about a year on my Toyota for the first airbag recall, with the warning you shouldn’t have anyone sit in the passenger seat until it was replaced. They finally got the parts and did the first replacement and then had to do a second recall for the same issue. So annoying,

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom's last van had a recall on it, the airbag one. She ignored the letters for so long thaf they started sending "you're gonna DIE!!!" notices, lol. She just took it to the dealership.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My notice came direct from the manufacturer, so I can go to any dealership for the inspection and repairs- if they have the parts, that is.
I’ll admit I always just let DH handle those. I’m not ignorant when it comes to car care and maintenance; but I do leave tracking that to him. :crazy: