Australian dry food selection

Artline90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good afternoon all,

Just skimming through our threads, I guess that most of the pet parents here are located in US, and their dry food recommendation are US brands.

As I am in Australia, it will be very costly to buy those recommended food for my 6-month old Ragdoll. Therefore, I would like to ask if we have any Aussie parents here feed their kittens anything other than Ziwi & Feline Natural (both of these are top selections and expensive).

Also, I fed her Royal Canin and found that her poop is too smelly, compared to wet Ziwi and raw meat feeding (which I am doing now).

Is it true that the smell can determine the food quality? If so, which dry food should I choose besides Ziwi and Feline Natural? I would like to switch her back to dry food.

Thank you.

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Why have you decided to switch back to kibble? I highly recommend feeding at least 50% wet to keep enough moisture in her diet.

Personally, I feed Science Diet Indoor Cat. I am unsure if smell truly determines quality, as some people say Science Diet isn't quality and yet my cats' stools are practically scentless after introducing this kibble. The kibble are also shaped in a way that encourages cats to actually chew them rather than just swallow, which may help dental health. I like it purely because of all the testing that has been done to ensure it is meeting my cats' nutritional needs and is unlikely to cause health issues as long as I don't feed it in excess.

Other than that, there is a company in Australia called Raw Meow which produces both complete raw meals, which you just feed straight to your cat, and a raw meal completer, which is a powder you add directly to any type of muscle meat along with some water and then feed.

Proud Aussie cat mumma here :)