August 2021 Picture of the Month: Then and Now

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The unfortunate Katy
Katy was found pregnant at a feral feeding station, trapped and brought to me in April 2013. She was probably only 6 or 7 months old, sick, and acted extremely feral. She gave birth to three kittens who all died within a week. Once she was neutered and had regained her strength and health, there was no way I was going to return her to her former life, so she stayed.
Bad luck continued - most of her teeth had to be removed and two years ago her carefree days playing outside and catching mice came to an end when she was hit by a car. She was then blind in one eye and, because she couldn't swallow, her convalescence lasted 8 weeks of intensive care.
Today, as indoor-only cat, she is once more very happy - still rather shy and still not photogenic but, who cares?
First photo from 2013, second one from 2021
1629318332891.png

Last edited by a moderator:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:dunno: Sorry mani mani I've obviously done something I shouldn't have done (using Power Point to get the pictures side-by-side). Excel didn't work well and now I need your help. I did try .......honestly!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The unfortunate Katy
Katy was found pregnant at a feral feeding station, trapped and brought to me in April 2013. She was probably only 6 or 7 months old, sick, and acted extremely feral. She gave birth to three kittens who all died within a week. Once she was neutered and had regained her strength and health, there was no way I was going to return her to her former life, so she stayed.
Bad luck continued - most of her teeth had to be removed and two years ago her carefree days playing outside and catching mice came to an end when she was hit by a car. She was then blind in one eye and, because she couldn't swallow, her convalescence lasted 8 weeks of intensive care.
Today, as indoor-only cat, she is once more very happy - still rather shy and still not photogenic but, who cares?
First photo from 2013, second one from 2021
View attachment 392197
"Photogenic" is in the eye of the beholder, as is beauty; and as far as I'm concerned, Katy is not only a brave little queen but a beautiful one! :hearthrob: :bigeyes::hearthrob::loveeyes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
:dunno: Sorry mani mani I've obviously done something I shouldn't have done (using Power Point to get the pictures side-by-side). Excel didn't work well and now I need your help. I did try .......honestly!
gilmargl gilmargl maybe the TCS photo gremlins worked on it while I was fast asleep, but it looks fine to me.. a great entry. :) If you mean the photos at the bottom of the entry, I've removed them.

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
"Photogenic" is in the eye of the beholder, as is beauty; and as far as I'm concerned, Katy is not only a brave little queen but a beautiful one! :hearthrob: :bigeyes::hearthrob::loveeyes:
The source of my username! When I was a kid I was really awkward and uncomfortable in my skin, and often made fun of a lot by how I looked/dressed. I remembered hearing the old saying that "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and figured if I made myself the beholder, I would be beautiful. Or at least could control what was beautiful. Lol super stupid now that I type this out but I've basically stuck with that username since I was like 10....so about 17 years. I have to say, it is a step up above the other username I used "fluff-buff-tanner." :flail:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I wasn't expecting to see much change in Ruby's look from "then" to "now", since she was an adult when I adopted her.

But I think her 2013 pic shows her vulnerability of having been a young stray,
whereas her 2021 pic shows a mature and confident cat.

2013-2021.jpg

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Entry: Lelia. Nervous kitten on the day she came home to super relaxed adult.

I used google photos on my android to put the pictures together and it made this frame. I cropped out the white line around the edges, but it's still between the pictures. If this doesn't work, I can upload them separately.

20210819_102629-COLLAGE.jpg

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't expecting to see much change in Ruby's look from "then" to "now", since she was an adult when I adopted her.

But I think her 2013 pic shows her vulnerability of having been a young stray,
whereas her 2021 pic shows a mature and confident cat.

View attachment 392307
Definitely an attitude difference. Her left photo is more “Blue Steel” but the right is definitely “Magnum”! (Zoolander reference if you don’t know - I’m not crazy I promise)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Definitely an attitude difference. Her left photo is more “Blue Steel” but the right is definitely “Magnum”! (Zoolander reference if you don’t know - I’m not crazy I promise)
Not familiar with Zoolander, and Google isn't exactly helping to make sense of what you wrote. I'm sure you're not crazy, though. :lol:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Not familiar with Zoolander, and Google isn't exactly helping to make sense of what you wrote. I'm sure you're not crazy, though. :lol:
Zoolander is a silly comedy about male models. “Blue Steel” and “Magnum” were Ben Stiller’s facial expressions for photo shoots. He had all these different ones but they essentially were the same expression.

1629402414286.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Entry: Lelia. Nervous kitten on the day she came home to super relaxed adult.

I used google photos on my android to put the pictures together and it made this frame. I cropped out the white line around the edges, but it's still between the pictures. If this doesn't work, I can upload them separately.

View attachment 392308
It's great Lari Lari !.. I'm putting a bit of a gap between photos if they 'meld together'. Honestly, it's just a matter of having them side by side as one photo, for the voting thread :)