Audio Adds

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It just started today. I even went on other forums that I visit and it didn't happen there.
But I've been getting an audio add everytime I come to this site. I can't find it. No other tab open, nothing running in background, no pop up.
I just can't find it to shut it off. It's an add for an insomnia drug.
Is there something in the coding for the site or is it only me that this is happening to?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds too obnoxious for words. swearing cat.gif I've not experienced anything like that but I hope the problem is resolved for you quickly. You should be able to turn off your volume to at least mute the sound but that shouldn't be necessary.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds too obnoxious for words. View attachment 201998 I've not experienced anything like that but I hope the problem is resolved for you quickly. You should be able to turn off your volume to at least mute the sound but that shouldn't be necessary.
I sometimes listen to music on my computer while visiting forums. This just overwhelms even that. I could mute it, but I wonder why it's happening.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
We've alerted the crew to check it out. Hopefully we can figure it out for you

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I did a full virus/malware scan then cleared the history, cache, cookies and rebooted the computer. Came back on this site and it happened again.

So far, nothing today. It's just strange.
If it does happen again, I'll let you know.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you for reporting this. We're not supposed to have any auto-play audio ads here on TCS but it's not impossible for a rogue ad to make it past the filters.

It's also possible for an adware program in your browser to take over the ads. It has happened to me once and it turned out to be a browser extension that installed itself without my permission. It wasn't related to TCS but just took over the ads here. Running a full virus scan didn't catch it. Even MalwareBytes didn't. I finally found it in the list of Chrome extensions and deleted it there. Though it did affect my experience on other sites too.

If you do see the ad again, could you please take a screenshot of the image and if possible, hover with your mouse over the ad to see what link appears in your browser's link status at the bottom? If you can catch that and let us know what it is, we can try and see if this is an advertiser from one of the networks that we work with.

Thank you again for reporting this. It's very important for me that our ads are not intrusive and don't bother our members and visitors.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for looking into it. But like I said, I couldn't find it anywhere. It was just audio, no video ad to go with it. It also hasn't happened since that day, and then only on this site. If it does happen again, maybe I could find it via the browser history. I didn't think of looking in there before.
Thank you again for looking.